MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

11 hours ago, Spartacus said:

That damn team has been shooting lights out since the middle of the 2nd and the Bucks are still winning. I dont know how...

I'm gonna guess defense?  We get a lot of turnovers and steals and turn them into points.

Man, I don't think we can pay Khris Middleton what he's going to want. He's putting up solid numbers but they just feel so damn empty. He's a $20 Million player max. Can't give him a $25-30 million contract. Pay Bledsoe, Brogdon and Lopez with that money if he's not going to take a deal in that range.

14 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Man, I don't think we can pay Khris Middleton what he's going to want. He's putting up solid numbers but they just feel so damn empty. He's a $20 Million player max. Can't give him a $25-30 million contract. Pay Bledsoe, Brogdon and Lopez with that money if he's not going to take a deal in that range.

Problem for MIL is, if they just let Middleton walk, they cannot replace him and won't have cap space to replace him anyway. It's not a Middleton or cap space, it's a Middleton or nothing.

3 hours ago, rcon14 said:

Problem for MIL is, if they just let Middleton walk, they cannot replace him and won't have cap space to replace him anyway. It's not a Middleton or cap space, it's a Middleton or nothing.

That's fine. I'd rather have nothing than Middleton at $25-30 million. Give me a MLE vet wing and Sterling Brown at less than half the cost than overpaying Midds. Hell, or just expand DDV's role more rather than paying a vet. I'd rather find cheaper alternatives than fork over half the damn franchise to Middleton. 

Edited by beekay414

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

That's fine. I'd rather have nothing than Middleton at $25-30 million. Give me a MLE vet wing and Sterling Brown at less than half the cost than overpaying Midds. Hell, or just expand DDV's role more rather than paying a vet. I'd rather find cheaper alternatives than fork over half the damn franchise to Middleton. 

That makes no sense. There is no purpose to not having a good player when the alternative is not having a good player. MIL gets no benefit from it. There's no cap space for them to use. They'd still be over the cap, so they're just losing a good player and replacing him with literally nothing.

3 hours ago, rcon14 said:

That makes no sense. There is no purpose to not having a good player when the alternative is not having a good player. MIL gets no benefit from it. There's no cap space for them to use. They'd still be over the cap, so they're just losing a good player and replacing him with literally nothing.

As opposed to the alternative of vastly overpaying someone out of fear you'll replace them with supposedly nothing? Nevermind guys like Brown, Wilson, DDV, Wood, etc possibly taking another step in development under Bud.

If we pay everyone, we're going to be in massive cap hell. Simply put, you can't afford to pay all 4 guys and, based on this year, Khris has been the LEAST important player of the bunch. I definitely trust our wing options (Brown, Wilson, DDV, Snell, FRP potentially) to replace what we'd lose in Middleton as opposed to what we'd have to replace one of Bledsoe, Brogdon or Lopez.

Who out of that group are you letting walk? 

Let's look at the On/Off numbers as well

Bledsoe: +5.2 (61% MP) 
Brogdon: +1.7 (57% MP)
Lopez: +6.2 (58% MP)
Middleton: +0.2 (61% MP)

Who out of that group is the most replaceable with internal options? I'm certainly not letting Bledsoe walk as we have zero options to replace him. None. Lopez is back 100% on the MLE at the very least for the very same reason as Bledsoe. Now it comes down to Brogdon and Middleton. You paying Brogdon $15-20 Million or are you paying Middleton $25-30 Million. This after, most likely, signing Bledsoe to a deal in the $20 Million range. Are you paying the luxury tax to bring both back? I don't see how anyone can advocate bringing Middleton back over Brogdon at this point and even I've had an issue with possibly paying Brogdon. The numbers, across the board, say you pay Brogdon before you pay Khris, especially when Khris is going to want more money.

I'm not going into the luxury tax, if I'm LED, for Khris Middleton. Especially considering what going into the lux tax does to our MLE flexibility in regards to Brook.

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

As opposed to the alternative of vastly overpaying someone out of fear you'll replace them with supposedly nothing? Nevermind guys like Brown, Wilson, DDV, Wood, etc possibly taking another step in development under Bud.

If we pay everyone, we're going to be in massive cap hell. Simply put, you can't afford to pay all 4 guys and, based on this year, Khris has been the LEAST important player of the bunch. I definitely trust our wing options (Brown, Wilson, DDV, Snell, FRP potentially) to replace what we'd lose in Middleton as opposed to what we'd have to replace one of Bledsoe, Brogdon or Lopez.

Who out of that group are you letting walk? 

Let's look at the On/Off numbers as well

Bledsoe: +5.2 (61% MP) 
Brogdon: +1.7 (57% MP)
Lopez: +6.2 (58% MP)
Middleton: +0.2 (61% MP)

Who out of that group is the most replaceable with internal options? I'm certainly not letting Bledsoe walk as we have zero options to replace him. None. Lopez is back 100% on the MLE at the very least for the very same reason as Bledsoe. Now it comes down to Brogdon and Middleton. You paying Brogdon $15-20 Million or are you paying Middleton $25-30 Million. This after, most likely, signing Bledsoe to a deal in the $20 Million range. Are you paying the luxury tax to bring both back? I don't see how anyone can advocate bringing Middleton back over Brogdon at this point and even I've had an issue with possibly paying Brogdon. The numbers, across the board, say you pay Brogdon before you pay Khris, especially when Khris is going to want more money.

I'm not going into the luxury tax, if I'm LED, for Khris Middleton. Especially considering what going into the lux tax does to our MLE flexibility in regards to Brook.

There's literally no reason for them not to go into the luxury tax. If you are an elite team, you have to be in the luxury tax. If they don't want to go into the luxury tax, then we're all just wasting our time here.

1 hour ago, rcon14 said:

There's literally no reason for them not to go into the luxury tax. If you are an elite team, you have to be in the luxury tax. If they don't want to go into the luxury tax, then we're all just wasting our time here.

If we want Brook back, we really can't go into the luxury tax. He'd have to take the limited MLE just so we could avoid a hard cap.

27 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If we want Brook back, we really can't go into the luxury tax. He'd have to take the limited MLE just so we could avoid a hard cap.

There are real questions about whether Brook can even play in later playoff series. You've noticed when MIL has gone switchy-heavy, Brook isn't on the floor. That will likely be the defense against TOR, BOS, GSW (though how GSW uses Boogie will impact this). I love Brook. I just don't think he can stay on the floor at the end of the road.