MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Kidd is just so goddamn incompetent. Down 10 to start the fourth quarter and he rolls out the Delly-Terry-Middleton-Telly-Thon lineup. 

Dude, he has a Delly-Vaughn-Snell-Telly-Giannis lineup in the 2nd. 

I have zero idea wtf it is he’s trying to accomplish. It’s like he truly believes that the only issue we have is “player effort.”

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I have zero idea wtf it is he’s trying to accomplish. It’s like he truly believes that the only issue we have is “player effort.”

The fact that his go-to is almost always to blame the players and to never take a look in the mirror is near the top of my list of reasons that I want him gone (probably third behind the defensive system and the total lack of an offensive system beyond just praying that Giannis is able to create something). This isn't even one of those situations where I feel bad calling for a guy's head because he seems like a good dude (Titans had that with Munchak), Kidd is a terrible basketball coach and I've never gotten the impression that he's a good guy either.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Slinky said:

I rmemeber when I lurked on here there was some dude who hated him and everybody laughed at him. Lol. 

One of the main problems with him is that he just wants to use the length to crash to the ball and force turnovers. It's different than most defensive schemes so it worked in year one and gave people hope that he was competent, so calling him out at that point was silly because he hadn't done anything wrong with a team that probably overachieved.

The issue stems from the fact that the league adjusted to the scheme and he's made no effort to counter it. The players swarm to the ball and constantly leave shooters open for uncontested corner 3s on the weakside, which is an easy shot for any competent shooter. It also means that the center, who on this roster is already a net-negative defensively, is often leaving the paint to try to force a bad pass, which leaves the inside wide open. 

All of this also leads to Giannis constantly having to sprint from doubling on the strong side to trying to contest corner 3s on the other side of the floor. So not only is the defensive system spectacularly flawed, it also serves to force the guy that we're running our entire offense through and playing 38-40 minutes per night to exert ridiculous amounts of energy on the defensive end.

I'd give a detailed explanation of the flaws with the offensive scheme, but there is absolutely zero gameplan to speak of.

• Like 2