Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

2 minutes ago, packerbacker87 said:

I see what your saying but a D1 qb should be able to at least throw a little.

He can. He's shown it in scrimmages when he's been given a chance to do it. Paul and Joe are doing him no favors right now. It's hard to judge either way how good or bad he is because the playcalling has been about as basic as it gets.

Put him in the shotgun and get some quick passes for him. I'm not talking about drag routes where he's gotta read over the OL either. Give me quick slants or dump offs to get him in a rhythm. By going run, run and putting him in 3rd down situations, he's gotta make the right read or the drive is dead. That's not helping him at all. 

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Dude Coan was ******* terrible. 4 turnovers on 20 pass attempts.

No ****. Not saying he was good. His coaching and teammates did him no favors at all. That much is inarguable. He had like 2 seconds to throw because his OL couldn't block for ****, his receivers rarely got open and when they did, he rushed the pass and threw bad balls, and his coaches gave him ZERO chance to get into any type of rhythm with easy throws. That was a no win scenario no matter who was back there.

3 minutes ago, packerbacker87 said:

Why are you protecting Coan so much? I mean he looks awful. No awareness. Poor IQ. Slow as hell. Inaccurate.... I mean, I don’t see anything about him to get excited about in the future. 

It's his second career start, on the road, with his coaching staff doing him absolutely no favors. LIS to Rams, that much is absolutely inarguable. If you don't think he can make the throws to win you a game, then why the **** is he playing in the first place? Why not just play Danny Vanden Boom or Chase Wolf or literally anyone else. You have to give him some type of chance to succeed and let him be the one to fail. By limiting his opportunities and then waiting until obvious passing situations, the coaching did him no help. None. It was a pure *** performance by everyone involved today except JT23. 

I mean, we've seen how well the run, run, run playcalling works vs good teams. We knew we couldn't win with it and our sackless coach didn't give two ****s. Zero innovation with the offense. It's not hard to scheme easy throws. I've seen it done in the god damn MAC and Sun Belt. There's legitimately no reason that our offensive staff couldn't adapt but they simply are not capable of doing so. That much is absolutely undeniable. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

It's his second career start, on the road, with his coaching staff doing him absolutely no favors. LIS to Rams, that much is absolutely inarguable. If you don't think he can make the throws to win you a game, then why the **** is he playing in the first place? Why not just play Danny Vanden Boom or Chase Wolf or literally anyone else. You have to give him some type of chance to succeed and let him be the one to fail. By limiting his opportunities and then waiting until obvious passing situations, the coaching did him no help. None. It was a pure *** performance by everyone involved today except JT23. 

It was a bad performance by the entire team except Taylor, and the coaching staff didn't help especially early, but Coan didn't do himself any favors either.

I've seen enough here to think he has no future as a legitimate starting QB for us down the road.

I mean, we're judging him based off games played on the road at two places that we traditionally have massive trouble anyways. Add on to that, the coaches being absolutely sackless in their playcalling and being utterly predictable that even a blind man could call a defense vs them and you are destined to fail and fail spectacularly. Anybody that expected him to come in to this offense, with how poorly they've been all year even with Hornibrook, and be a world burner are just absolutely out of touch with reality. How can he show anything when he isn't given a legitimate opportunity to do so? I'd say that for any ******* QB that came into this ****ty situation. Give him the same playbook that Hornibrook gets and let him be the one to show us that he doesn't belong. Predetermining that he doesn't and calling plays that way is just pure terrible coaching. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

See, I can't make that assumption because of how both his starts were called offensively. 

Then you're not blaming Coan enough for how that his performance was. No pocket presence whatsoever, he was comically inaccurate even on short, wide open throws that would normally be confidence building type throws, and he hasn't gone a full game yet without ******* up getting a snap.

He's terrible. End of story.

• Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Then you're not blaming Coan enough for how that his performance was. No pocket presence whatsoever, he was comically inaccurate even on short, wide open throws that would normally be confidence building type throws, and he hasn't gone a full game yet without ******* up getting a snap.

He's terrible. End of story.

Then ******* play Vanden Boom or Wolf.

End of story.