Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't think we will. Chryst expands his playbook based on the abilities of his QB. Hornibrook mostly sucks so we mostly cave. Coan totally sucks so we totally cave. Mertz doesn't suck, so we shouldn't cave.

I really hope Mertz is as good as advertised... If it doesn't work out, besides how much that'd blatantly suck, we'd also be left wondering "was he just not very good" or "is PC washed up as a QB whisperer?" Latter would be a waste to even think about though since this conservative athletic department is not firing PC unless he strings together disastrous seasons...

I agree though, I still think PC knows how to call games properly and engineer a strong offense, he just has been unable to with the quality of QBs he has had (which he is at fault for as much as anyone else).

28 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Just be prepared. This is what a typical Paul Chryst team will look like. 

See: Pittsburgh Paul

2015: 10-3
2016: 11-3
2017: 13-1
2018: 6-5

Unless you want to tell us that Chryst's initial success was due to Gary Anderson, you have no leg to stand on. The reality is we have no QB. Part of that is on Chryst, and part of that is on the QB's, including Coan.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

12 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

2015: 10-3
2016: 11-3
2017: 13-1
2018: 6-5

Unless you want to tell us that Chryst's initial success was due to Gary Anderson, you have no leg to stand on. The reality is we have no QB. Part of that is on Chryst, and part of that is on the QB's, including Coan.

6-7

7-6

6-6

And yes, Andersen and Aranda deserve some credit for some of that success. Not like Andersen left the cupboard bare in terms of talent nor did Aranda leave without leaving a systemic impact.

Give it a few years and we'll see the true Chryst.