Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

Wilson vs Cousins tonight reminded me of their battles in 2011. Watched a condensed version of the B1G championship, that really is one of the best games of all time IMO. Just Wisconsin and MSU trading haymakers for 60 minutes. That GW prayer to Duckworth, what looked like a total fluke and luck, has proven to be Wilson's bread and butter in his HOF-bound career. Still looks like luck to me, WRs making great catches on floaters, but we see it week after week for years so obviously some sort of skill of his placing it where the WR and not DB will make a play on it. Or maybe God is in his corner after all ;)

2 more weeks and we can get that sweet revenge on Illinois. 

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
  • Like 1

We're making a run at 2021 IN 3* WR JoJo Johnson, who recently decommitted from Cincinnati. His offers include Michigan State, Purdue, Washington State, Cincinnati, Liberty, San Diego State and basically the entire MAC. He's kind of a gadget guy with some home run speed. 

On 10/14/2020 at 7:56 PM, beekay414 said:

USC can have Devin Brown if it means that we land Cameron Edge in 2023. We're supposedly one of the few teams out in front on him.

Nah we want to take a QB every cycle. I get not doing it in 2020 because we got very lucky getting Mertz and Hill back-to-back, but barring ridiculous circumstances you need a QB every cycle and even that doesn't insulate you totally against starting a Stave.

And I'm skeptical we land a guy that highly regarded this early. We're at our best when we offer a guy and he stays under the radar for 6 months and commits, then blows up.

9 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Nah we want to take a QB every cycle. I get not doing it in 2020 because we got very lucky getting Mertz and Hill back-to-back, but barring ridiculous circumstances you need a QB every cycle and even that doesn't insulate you totally against starting a Stave.

And I'm skeptical we land a guy that highly regarded this early. We're at our best when we offer a guy and he stays under the radar for 6 months and commits, then blows up.

We'll probably go after the QB from Franklin as a fallback to Brown so there's your QB for the 22 cycle. 

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

It's officially game week!

Depth chart out. Very few surprises.

5f8cc2dae9de3.image.jpg?resize=787,868

Dietzen walking back into the RG spot and Seltzner getting a spot over Bruss/Beach probably isn't a great sign. But the big change is that Nick Herbig not only is going to play but is listed as a co-starter at OLB. Reportedly the dude is an animal.

8 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Dietzen walking back into the RG spot and Seltzner getting a spot over Bruss/Beach probably isn't a great sign

Eh, maybe they don't view either as interior linemen at this point? Dietzen was always a stud so I wasn't shocked to see it. I think the line will be good.

I'd post this in the general recruiting thread but Herm Edwards dropped Marcus Mbow and Garrette Gillette. So if any of you were worried about Arizona State continuing to poach our walk on pool, yeah that ain't happening any more. Ask Gary Andersen what happens to your recruiting when the HS coaches don't respect you.