Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

Just now, squire12 said:

makes you miss the days of Bielema

He was a **** recruiter but he got the best out of his guys and was as aggressive as any coach in the country. He was the definition of all gas, no brakes. PC is the exact opposite. His staff is recruiting better than we've ever done but his inability to coach and develop is bringing the talent down to his level. If Jim Leonhard isn't head coach in 2023, we're ****ed.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

He was a **** recruiter but he got the best out of his guys and was as aggressive as any coach in the country. He was the definition of all gas, no brakes. PC is the exact opposite. His staff is recruiting better than we've ever done but his inability to coach and develop is bringing the talent down to his level. If Jim Leonhard isn't head coach in 2023, we're ****ed.

why Leonhard is still at UW is a bit of a mystery.  Sure he is an ex player/alum, but with Chryst in front of him, is his path to the HC position that open?   Chryst had his contract extended through the 2026 season

Just now, squire12 said:

why Leonhard is still at UW is a bit of a mystery.  Sure he is an ex player/alum, but with Chryst in front of him, is his path to the HC position that open?   Chryst had his contract extended through the 2026 season

I have no idea why he passed up on the chance to coach the Packers defense to stay loyal to these turds that surround him. His ability as a coach sticks out like a sore thumb compared to these clowns that coach beside him. If he leaves, I'm rooting for whatever team he's the next HC of until PC is gone and he replaces him (unless he ends up in a better situation, he'd have no reason to come back then).

What are the details on the extension? Was it at a lesser rate than he made prior so it was just a cost cutting move? I don't think we'd fire Chryst, we'd just give him a job with the athletic department or university and he'd "retire" or some **** like that. There may be a verbal agreement with Jim in that case. One would hope, at least.

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What are the details on the extension? Was it at a lesser rate than he made prior so it was just a cost cutting move? I don't think we'd fire Chryst, we'd just give him a job with the athletic department or university and he'd "retire" or some **** like that. There may be a verbal agreement with Jim in that case. One would hope, at least.

I don't know the details.  

https://badgerswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/30/paul-chryst-has-his-contract-extension-approved-by-uw/

With as cheap as the UW athletic department seems to be, I can't imagine a buyout being a very appealing process.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

https://badgerswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/30/paul-chryst-has-his-contract-extension-approved-by-uw/

With as cheap as the UW athletic department seems to be, I can't imagine a buyout being a very appealing process.

Well, as soon as Jim's gone, someone should make a new thread since I won't be updating this or partaking in discussion lol.

7 hours ago, squire12 said:

His deal is 5 years/$26.25M. Realistically, it will take something like 75% of that to buy him out. Doesn't seem likely.

And there's no guarantee his replacement would do better. We've hired worse before.

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

His deal is 5 years/$26.25M. Realistically, it will take something like 75% of that to buy him out. Doesn't seem likely.

And there's no guarantee his replacement would do better. We've hired worse before.

His replacement stands about 60 ft to his right, my dude. The whole "no guarantee the next guy does better" angle is bull**** to me. That's settling and settling is for ******* losers. I'd rather try to hit home runs than aiming for singles and sac bunts to advance runners. Paul Chryst is the living representation of the sacrifice bunt ffs.

Our loyalty to worse upperclassmen on the OL just because they have seniority is one of the biggest issues I have with PC and his staff. There's no way you can convince me that Nelson-Beach-Tippman-Furtney-Mahlman is the best combination of talent on this line.

Nelson and Mahlman are the only ones that I've come away not hating yet this year. Tyler Beach is a waste of space and I thought we were done with him after last year but, no, we can't have nice things. Furtney is a big ole bag of nothingness and Tippman is so hit or miss, I can't tell whether he's only starting because Bortolini is hurt or because he's a junior. Those 3 on the interior have no business starting over the more naturally talented guys behind them IMO. That performance vs Wazzu should be enough to warrant a shuffling but lord knows this staff won't change a god damn thing.

BTW, this is a Kansas football thread now. Get on the Leipold train, fellas and Pugger.