Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

OL and Mertz were both trash. Even Allen looked awful. If he's hurt, why is he playing? If he's healthy, that's the softest game he has ever played. Dancing around like a 175lb RB. Just a total failure on offense and ST. Watching the D dominate was only thing from keeping me gouge my eyes out, it is very fun to see some of those blitzes we draw up.

I don't really feel strongly 1 way or the other about the staff. I mean to an extent we will always play a certain brand of football by necessity, and this will always give us a lower ceiling than we may like. That ceiling being those early years w/ PC. It's a pipe dream that this school ever decides they want to be a Michigan or OSU (and wanting it is just half the battle, absolutely no guarantee that throwing $$$ at program would improves things, see Miami, Nebraska, TAMU, etc.) So given that, there is no good reason to let Leonhard go. These guys play hard for him, he clearly knows how to coach D, we just need more talent and better offensive coaching. A good QB would probably instantly alleviate a lot of that, make everything around him look better as opposed to Mertz amplifying the issues, but at this point it's been so long I have my doubts Wisconsin is allowed to have quality QB play. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah true. Can't have Mertz doing his best Rodgers impression and expect different results. 

Offense is still trash vs any defense with a pulse. Playcalling or otherwise. This staff ain't it just as much as Mertz ain't it. Quicker you realize that, better off you'll be. 

OL was even worse than Mertz. 

I thought the horrific play of the OL was the reason why Allen.  and Mertz looked like garbage against Iowa.