Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

14 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Assuming you meant Smith, since White's on campus ;-).

My reasoning for why I think Dilin Jones is better than Smith is that he's much more deliberate in his cuts while being plenty shifty himself and has a much more prototypical #1 ballcarrier build. Smith is razor thin and almost overly emphatic in his cuts while Jones just puts his foot in the dirt and gets to where he needs to be immediately. Smith is quicker to top gear and has another gear that Jones likely doesn't have but I think Jones is probably a better fit for what Fickell looks for at RB. He's not a hulking RB but his build just looks more prototypical.  

Dupree really doesn't impress me much but I don't think there's any reason he can't be a Corey Clement level of back at UW. 

Yeah I would've taken Jones no matter what, and I think they did, not sure 3 RBs was the original intent. I just would've pursued Smith over Dupree back in May, but getting Jones lessens that blow for sure. Smith just reminds me a lot of Jamaal Charles, think he'll be a good one.

• Like 1

Gordon also had 9 carries for 216 yards and a tud in the 2012 *** whooping in Indy vs Nebraska. Cornhusker fans have nightmares about that man.

36 carries, 629 yards, 17.5 YPC, 5 TD

lol

EDIT - Forgot his 2 carries for 5 yards in Nebraska's sole victory over Wisconsin since they joined the B1G but that was before the MGIII nightmare began.

Edited by beekay414

Confirmed schedule times so far this year...

11 AM CST
9.16 vs Georgia Southern (BTN)

2:30 PM CST
9.2 vs Buffalo (FS1)
10.14 vs Iowa (NBC/Peacock)

6 PM CST
9.23 at Purdue (FS1)

6:30 PM CST
9.9 at Washington State (ABC)
10.28 vs Ohio State (NBC/Peacock)
11.18 vs Nebraska (NBC/Peacock)

TBD