Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Evers isn't allowed to make a law out of nothing. There are seperations of powers for a reason. 

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

A mandate isn't a ******* law. It has the same effect but it's not a ******* law. A mandate is literally defined as a power given to the governor by the legislature in the event of an emergency. Newsflash: we're in the middle of a pandemic, I'd say that qualifies as an emergency.

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The risk of that is so minute, there's a reason no other conference or league has the 21 day policy. Big 10 is just screwing its schools.

B1G is screwing it's schools by erring on the side of caution during a global pandemic? You don't say.

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

B1G is screwing it's schools by erring on the side of caution during a global pandemic? You don't say.

"The nine-page report, heralded by physicians across the country, indicates that doctors are finding so few heart abnormalities in COVID-positive athletes that they are no longer recommending any cardiac screenings for those who experienced mild symptoms or no symptoms."

https://www.si.com/college/2020/10/28/big-ten-covid-protocol-21-days-heart-screening

The science doesn't even support it. Kids probably have a greater chance of getting in a car accident driving to practice, should we not allow them to drive? 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

The science doesn't even support it. Kids probably have a greater chance of getting in a car accident driving to practice, should we not allow them to drive? 

One death would result in too many deaths. It's just a ******* game.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

"The nine-page report, heralded by physicians across the country, indicates that doctors are finding so few heart abnormalities in COVID-positive athletes that they are no longer recommending any cardiac screenings for those who experienced mild symptoms or no symptoms."

https://www.si.com/college/2020/10/28/big-ten-covid-protocol-21-days-heart-screening

This is interesting.

I think the argument against shortening the window would be that the recommendation only applies to kids with no symptoms or mild symptoms, so we wouldn't want to put athletes in a position where getting the care that they need may keep them out longer.

But given that the risks are so minimal, I think you've changed my mind on this one. I don't know exactly how to write out the proposal so that it would make sure kids who need to go to the hospital go, but the flow chart the paper diagramed is what the Big 10 should adopt.

Also here's the paper: https://images.saymedia-content.com/.image/cs_srgb/MTc2NDI1MTI4ODc0MjIyNzY1/hsc200003_annotatedproof.pdf