Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

2019 class is getting nuts - Rucci just committed.

Last time we had 4 247 composite 4* in a class was 2012. We've got 4 already, not including potential bumps for Davis, Groulx, and Shaw. We lead for at least 1 more already. And it's a year from NSD.

We actually going to hold on to these guys?

38 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Me too tbh. QBs don't usually flip, Brown already had offers from everyone, and we were first on pretty much everybody else. 

Plus OSU was going to have a "Bryson Shaw Day" to offer him and he basically said FU lol.   Group is the one I would be most worried about in this group but I think we keep him honestly.  He took his time but who knows when the big dogs really turn up the heat.

11 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Bama offered Mertz...

Bama QB offers are usually "offers" to attend a camp and throw, then they give out committable ones if you do well (and express interest in committing). I'll take that Bama bump though tbh. It was hilarious to me that 247 didn't bump Mertz when they re-did their rankings. He'll end up in the 95-97 range, but I don't think they'll 5* him. (Did I mention this class is bananas?)

The schools that scare me with him are, in no order, UGA, USC, and Stanford.

UGA recruits like nobody else right now and has a system that caters to pro style QBs. USC and Stanford are the 2 premier QB destinations in the country, and tbh if he flipped for Stanford I couldn't even be mad at him for it.

I don't think he's gonna flip to OSU. Urban runs the spread and OSU has already hedged their bets quite a bit with their QB offers. Not too worried about any SEC school other than UGA at this point - the other top ones all use some combination of spread offenses, have a ton of offers out, or are just beatable (e.g. why go to LSU when you can go to Bama/UGA).

But it's early. Really hoping some of the other top QBs start committing to narrow the field. Tua's brother is a 2019 QB - would be real nice if he could be Bama's QB so we don't have to worry about them.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Bama QB offers are usually "offers" to attend a camp and throw, then they give out committable ones if you do well (and express interest in committing). I'll take that Bama bump though tbh. It was hilarious to me that 247 didn't bump Mertz when they re-did their rankings. He'll end up in the 95-97 range, but I don't think they'll 5* him. (Did I mention this class is bananas?)

The schools that scare me with him are, in no order, UGA, USC, and Stanford.

UGA recruits like nobody else right now and has a system that caters to pro style QBs. USC and Stanford are the 2 premier QB destinations in the country, and tbh if he flipped for Stanford I couldn't even be mad at him for it.

I don't think he's gonna flip to OSU. Urban runs the spread and OSU has already hedged their bets quite a bit with their QB offers. Not too worried about any SEC school other than UGA at this point - the other top ones all use some combination of spread offenses, have a ton of offers out, or are just beatable (e.g. why go to LSU when you can go to Bama/UGA).

But it's early. Really hoping some of the other top QBs start committing to narrow the field. Tua's brother is a 2019 QB - would be real nice if he could be Bama's QB so we don't have to worry about them.

Georgia and Bama had frosh QBs last year so I don't see them being much of a threat. The CA schools scare me, so does LSU as they're usually a lot like us, usually one QB away from being  a NC threat, only with better WRs (although this time we are better there). 

When Mertz comes in Horni will be a SR so he's kind of in an ideal situation here. Battling with Coan and the kid we got this year. Plus he'll have some stud OL and his first year would be Taylor's JR year so he'd have likely the nation's best RB to lean on.

I hope we keep him, we're in a difficult situation. You probably want to be talking to plan B QBs, but at the same time you don't.

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Georgia and Bama had frosh QBs last year so I don't see them being much of a threat. The CA schools scare me, so does LSU as they're usually a lot like us, usually one QB away from being  a NC threat, only with better WRs (although this time we are better there). 

When Mertz comes in Horni will be a SR so he's kind of in an ideal situation here. Battling with Coan and the kid we got this year. Plus he'll have some stud OL and his first year would be Taylor's JR year so he'd have likely the nation's best RB to lean on.

I hope we keep him, we're in a difficult situation. You probably want to be talking to plan B QBs, but at the same time you don't.

LSU's top target is Grant Gunnell (what a great QB name). As long as he waits into the summer, they're going to have to slow play Mertz. That helps a lot because once we get to July/August usually QBs stay put unless they get dropped. 

The Cali schools loom really large. Stanford has made 0 QB offers this cycle. USC has made 2 to uncommitted kids - one is related to Bear Bryant and the other is a dual threat kid from Cali. If they are willing to take the dual threat kid as their only QB, we're good because that's a lock. But Stanford is gonna offer somebody.