Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Assuming he's accused of, and will be charged with, sexual assault. Wisconsin needs to get to the bottom of it and he can't be around the team until we know this ins't an issue.

Yeah. Sucks but it's the right play. This will also allow Cruickshank some early PT. 

33 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah. Sucks but it's the right play. This will also allow Cruickshank some early PT. 

Yup. I do wonder if this was truly a voluntarily leave, not that it makes much of a difference, just would be extremely mature if he actually made the decision to focus on this and remove himself from being possible distraction. 

Huge loss nonetheless, was really eager to see him in 2018. Very talented WR. Fortunately we've got a fairly solid corp, so we will survive if he's not innocent as claimed and rightfully kicked off the team.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Our WRs are fine, and we're a good enough football program to not have to sell our soul for Cephus, even though he's a really good player.

Worth stating even though it's obvious: if there's enough here where he pleads to a lesser charge, don't pass go, don't collect $200, GTFO.

14 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Our WRs are fine, and we're a good enough football program to not have to sell our soul for Cephus, even though he's a really good player.

Worth stating even though it's obvious: if there's enough here where he pleads to a lesser charge, don't pass go, don't collect $200, GTFO.

Eh as a fan you can't say that. Barry and Chryst will obviously know the whole story but we never will. After seeing what happened to AJ Johnson and how long he spent wasting what could've been a great career fighting a false accusation, if I was an athlete that saw a green light to plead to a lesser charge to resume my career when it looked like I'd have to fight tooth and nail for awhile to clear my name otherwise, I'd probably take it. 

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Eh as a fan you can't say that. Barry and Chryst will obviously know the whole story but we never will. After seeing what happened to AJ Johnson and how long he spent wasting what could've been a great career fighting a false accusation, if I was an athlete that saw a green light to plead to a lesser charge to resume my career when it looked like I'd have to fight tooth and nail for awhile to clear my name otherwise, I'd probably take it. 

Sure I can say that. As an alumnus and a fan, I don't want people with sexual assault records playing football at Wisconsin.

We don't know a whole lot, but we do know that historically, when sexual assault charges (assuming that's the charge) are brought, it's >90% likely the victim is telling the truth. Estimates vary on whether that number is closer to 92% or 98%, but practically, this puts us in the same ballpark. That's not to say Cephus is guilty, or that we should judge him 100% guilty on the basis of charges being filed. I'm just saying the data tells us that AJ Johnson is the exception, not the rule.

We're going to end up learning a whole lot about this case when the DA brings charges. We'll know if charges are dropped, why they're dropped, whether there's a plea deal and under what basis, etc. etc.

I'll amend my statement to this: the standards of proof for being able to play football and going to jail are different. The University should investigate, and expel Cephus if they deem the sexual assault allegations credible to whatever established criteria they have for burden of proof, independent of any legal findings.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99