Im moving to KC

KOTN-93

Obviously, convert to being a Chiefs fan. In the summer, plan on seeing the Royals. Even when they aren't good, it's a great ballpark and a good show. In the other direction, Lawrence and KU are only about 45 minutes. Football sucks, but seeing the Jayhawks play in Allen Fieldhouse is not to be missed if you can manage it.

KC is famous for BarBQ and not half bad for live music if that's your thing. Winters are cold, summers are hot, spring and fall are gorgeous. It's a great place to raise a family.

J

6 hours ago, KOTN-93 said:

Hey guys im moving to KC (Overland Park) at the beginning of December. What are some things I should know to fit in, stuff to do, any other random advice or tidbits you have would be appreciated. Take Care guys.

KC football, baseball, Soccer, Nascar, Hockey teams. Sprint center, worlds of fun/oceans of tun, schliterbaun, tons of trails and what not.. after that its your typical city.

19 hours ago, KOTN-93 said:

Hey guys im moving to KC (Overland Park) at the beginning of December. What are some things I should know to fit in, stuff to do, any other random advice or tidbits you have would be appreciated. Take Care guys.

What kind of stuff are you into? There's pretty much something for everyone. As previously mentioned,  we get all the seasons and range of temperatures, so bring a coat.

The prices here are pretty low compared to other major cities. Sadly, I think they'll keep going up as the city grows. The Kansas City sub Reddit is also a good place to see what's going on in town, although keep in mind it isn't a full reflection of the city and surrounding area.

One thing I REALLY loved and spend several days at is the Nelson-Atkins if you are into arts.

The real challenge will be to find your favorite BBQ joint. While other cities may lack an even decent one - KC has a whole bunch of great ones. Second thought about KC BBQ: NEVER EVER start a discussion about what the best place it. You'll lose - and probably start a serious fight.