AFC South Discussion Thread

.Buzz

31 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Anyone else shocked how anemic the Texan offense has looked so far this year?

Not really, no.  I thought a lot of people were really jumping the gun on this whole "Watson is elite" thing.  This is the process for QBs who build a lot of initial success out of running around causing havoc.  Teams adapt and/or they get injured and lose some of that x-factor.  The next step is the real make or break one.  Can he become an actually good and accurate QB in the pocket with the running as a bonus element?  Or will he go down the RGIII, Kaepernick, etc. road?

If the Texans can't beat the Titans without both their OT's and Gabbert at QB I've become a LOT less worried about them.

This is a good thing either way though. Not terribly worried about the Titans, and the Texans with Watson was the one team besides Luck (who looks like he's back) that I was worried about in the division QB wise.

Edited by .Buzz

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Yea Houston is uh..a certain kind of special.

No Mariota. No Lewan. No Conklin. No Kelly(so 4th and 5th string OTs playing). No Walker. And we beat them.

Houston might just wanna fold on the season.

It's almost like believing a rookie QB's unsustainable start to a season would be the norm the following year doesn't work out. 

Just now, pwny said:

It's almost like believing a rookie QB's unsustainable start to a season would be the norm the following year doesn't work out. 

Outside of Watson's stupid interception where he threw to a perfectly double covered Hopkins I thought he was solid today. But their offensive line..oh boy...

Watson might die on the field when you guys play them.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Outside of Watson's stupid interception where he threw to a perfectly double covered Hopkins I thought he was solid today. But their offensive line..oh boy...

Watson might die on the field when you guys play them.

Yeah, he's been fine. I meant more that his metrics for those few games he played last year were all like three times the metrics posted by the greatest players of all time. He was bound to regress metrically to the mean, even if he was still really good. Once that normalized, they didn't have the rest of the team to continue to be a good team weekly.

It would be like Chiefs fans assuming that Mahomes is going to drop 4,600 (and growing) yards and 80 TDs this year because he had two insane games to start the year.