5up 5down Colts

3rivers

up

1. got the win with some strange luck, calls , missed calls etc.  Team is resilient

2. defence getting TD, pressure with 4 and TO's. On pace for 58 sacks and 42 TO's but should get more. Dupree had a good game, great play with the trifecta (S/FF/FR)

3.  wait, this should be #1 - MINKAH!

4. the ST did well, Ola had the FF , Bos iOS back and the punting was decent too. 

5. Mason made some strides despite some shakiness (safety) . Too bad we don't have a legit running game on a regular basis to help the young QB

Watt and Hyeward as always, not really needing to mention that but there it is (for now on too). Heyward really pushed Q around a fair amount today. It will be interesting to see how PFF grades the 2 players, because from what I saw , it was Heyward that won that battle. 

Down

1. OL seems to not create a good pocket enough and can't run up the middle which is a serious flaw. Colts get credit (Houston made a great play but that's nothing new with him) but the OL appears to have regressed

2. tomlin should have challenged that play

3. refs, are human and if the league is going to review PI, take a look at if the pass is catchable 

4. chickillo getting snaps instead of Ola. 

5. the back up QB looked like a starter, maybe he is better than a typical back up, but it was a letdown. I thought Butler would have been more aggressive too, but a win is a win:)

Edited by 3rivers

some ups and downs

ups

forcing turnovers(wish they did this during the killer B era)

bosewell

pass rush in the 2nd half(watt and Bud have been a great so far this yr)

Mason and the offense moving the ball in the 1st half

downs

the offense folding most of the 2nd half

defense giving up some 3rd and longs

team almost finding a way to lose another heartbreaking loss

5 up 

Fitzpatrick did it again

The defense carried us again. Turnover record 

Jalen caught alot of passes, really stepped up. His versatility saved us

Both TEs and RBs and WRs caught horribly thrown passes that were consistently off target and behind them 

Online made some holes and pass protected well. 

5 down 

Front office: we cannot continue with mason or duck.... I understand the love affair but we are killing our rbs, Defense, and oline... we need a viable solution at QB. This team has shown it could win now. 

Mason throws a lot of floaters...there still much to work on..

Injury roundtables...carrying the load is taking its toll 

How healthy will connor and Snell be..can we continue to count on them for running and majority of passing offense? 

Feel bad for the wrs. 

ups

we got that all important tiebreaker win on the colts

mason still isn’t perfect but he’s feeling a bit more confident on deep shots and the staff’s trusting the kid more to take deep shots, very important if we want to challenge teams with better defenses

the defense is showing a big next man up mentality which we haven’t seen before... tuitt was a massive loss but guys like dupree have stepped up in his place, and heyward is on a vintage run of wrecking form

jaylen samuels is looking more and more like a late round swiss army knife gem, and one of the better utility players in the league... excellent both as a general offensive weapon and a security blanket for a young signal caller

downs

as pointed out, the third and longs are a problem... we have a kinda poor third down defense and that’s not great

we seem to have been turning it over on downs a lot and not converting fourths, but regression to the mean should take that to the positive soon

real talk though two real key takeaways from the season so far... the first is imagine if we had this defense in 2016 or 2017, we could have gone all the way! still believe we would have in 2017 if not for the horrid jesse james call but that’s irrelevant hehe

the second is i don’t think our window is shut yet, if ben can rebound next year we’re contending for the big one 

UPS

Takeaways on D and special teams

Washington showed up for a change and made some nice catches

Pass rush

Downs

Rudolph is not the answer

O-Line inconsistent all year

Defense allowing too many 3rd and longs for about the 10th year in a row

Seemed like 30 check downs to Samuels..............

I'm surprised by how many have given up on Rudolph. He's a 2nd year Pro with 5 career starts. I'm not sure what some of you are expecting. I'll concede he hasn't looked as good Post-concussion but I think overall he's been as good (if not better) then I expected. He had a little mojo going before the hit. He was escaping pressure, getting out of the pocket and making some good throws. I hopeful he'll get that back. I not willing to name him the next Franchise QB but I'm not ready to rule it out either. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I'm surprised by how many have given up on Rudolph. He's a 2nd year Pro with 5 career starts. I'm not sure what some of you are expecting. I'll concede he hasn't looked as good Post-concussion but I think overall he's been as good (if not better) then I expected. He had a little mojo going before the hit. He was escaping pressure, getting out of the pocket and making some good throws. I hopeful he'll get that back. I not willing to name him the next Franchise QB but I'm not ready to rule it out either. 

Yeah, I'm with you. He hasn't looked fantastic but he's looked alright. I think we need to cater the offense toward him. Stop rolling him out, give him some quick reads, give him shots down the field off play action. Let him get comfortable. 

• Like 1

UP

1. Minkah Pick 6

2. James Washington - he stepped up in this game.

3. Bud Dupree - despite my personal feelings of him, he played well in this game 

4. Jordan Berry- he had to punt just one time and it was clutch.

5. 2nd half pass rush got home

Down

1. Offensive Line - It has been extremely disappointing this season, they are giving Rudolph no time in the pocket and are doing a poor job run blocking

2. JuJu - sorry but that drop/int was 100% on him that pass was perfect from Rudolph. 

3. Ball Security. I am sick of seeing people fumble. 

4. Offensive Gameplan - At this point I'd rather have Todd Haley. The offensive gameplan is terrible, especially on 3rd down and in the redzone.

5. 3rd and Long defense - Alright, enough is enough. Something has to give. 3rd and 19 and you're giving up 18 yards...cmon.

6. Yep, 5 wasnt enough. REFS- I am convinced now they they are intentionally botching these DPI calls in terms of challenges because they want, Al Riveron wants to get rid of the ability to challenge them but needs an extreme failure rate in order to do so. The officiating was pathetic.