Make-A-Movie Draft Discussion Thread - Writeups due 12/9

rackcs

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

This isn't what happens l.  It's a historical reimagining. 

I'm 70% joking, but 30% serious.  I hate, hate, hate, hate knowing the end of something.  I could see lots of potential for a Roanoke story.  Ideally with a hint of cosmic terror, but the movie will probably be good.  You should really watch The Terror for some inspiration.  Historical accuracy, but with a tiny bit of the supernatural.  Not even supernatural, really.  Maybe preternatural.  Still, a damn fine series that's probably a top 5 season of television I have ever watched. 

You'd also get a good glimpse of the protagonist of my movie, Tobias Menzies.  Cannot recommend it enough, especially for what you're working on. 

Just now, rackcs said:

Movies aren't about the destination, but the journey

If the journey doesn't involve horror or sci fi or strong comedy, I'm not interested.  Ironically, I think I'd be best at writing something with no fantasy/horror/sci fi, but I'm just not interested in it.  Mr. Foot is straight comedy with no elements of make believe or whatever you want to call it. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm 70% joking, but 30% serious.  I hate, hate, hate, hate knowing the end of something.  I could see lots of potential for a Roanoke story.  Ideally with a hint of cosmic terror, but the movie will probably be good.  You should really watch The Terror for some inspiration.  Historical accuracy, but with a tiny bit of the supernatural.  Not even supernatural, really.  Maybe preternatural.  Still, a damn fine series that's probably a top 5 season of television I have ever watched. 

You'd also get a good glimpse of the protagonist of my movie, Tobias Menzies.  Cannot recommend it enough, especially for what you're working on. 

You talking about the terror on AMC? 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

If the journey doesn't involve horror or sci fi or strong comedy, I'm not interested.  Ironically, I think I'd be best at writing something with no fantasy/horror/sci fi, but I'm just not interested in it.  Mr. Foot is straight comedy with no elements of make believe or whatever you want to call it. 

You may actually like my movie...maybe

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The Terror is excellent. You seen season 2 yet? I haven't gotten around to it. I love things based on or inspired by historical events (history teacher)

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Fair enough I guess. I don't have such strong preferences for genre, I'll watch and enjoy just about anything if its it's good. 

8 minutes ago, rackcs said:

The Terror is excellent. You seen season 2 yet? I haven't gotten around to it. I love things based on or inspired by historical events (history teacher)

Fair enough I guess. I don't have such strong preferences for genre, I'll watch and enjoy just about anything if its it's good. 

For a while there I was going through all of American history.  All the books I could get ahold of from the American Revolution and on.  Slowed down a little, but I’m planning on picking it up again at the start of the new year.  I’m up to Franklin Pierce.