Perine

LoganF89

50 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He gave Matt Jones ample opportunities and he just kept fumbling. What is the team supposed to do in that situation? 

Ask Mccloughan, Jones is a stud. Sua loves football, Doctson is a great wr prospect who is an elite talent and Scherff is a better player than Leonard Williams.

5 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

he is the future starting back, but still I would start Thompson and save him to spell thompson

Same here Doc. Thompson deserves to start and Perine can split carries with him but Thompson should be starting. Thompson can take it to the house on every play, how we don't get him 10 to 15 touches a game is beyond me!

3 hours ago, mar29020 said:

coaches think he isnt durable enough to start. truth be said if he would get hurt it would hurt us a lot

I'm tired of reading this. If this is the case then it's hurting us anyways because we aren't putting the ball in one of our best playmakers hands enough. You should never worry a player is going to get hurt because if his size. You should use your playmakers as much as you can and whatever happens, happens.

Thompson can totally change a game for us and has in many games over the last 3 years, to not get him more touches - even if he is undersized - is stupid!

He and Sproles are essentially the same size and no one has ever been afraid to get Sproles the ball a lot.

I want to see Brown.  In the first run Kelly broke if this was Brown he cuts left and he has another 20 yards if not going all the way.  Kelly was so surprised he was in the secondary all he did was a couple of "juke" moves and runs right into the tackle of the safety.  The dude doesn't see the holes well and he is not a home run RB.  Please Gruden bring Brown from the PS this week and I have a feeling Kelly will never see the starting spot again.

5 hours ago, mar29020 said:

we should get peterson for cheap. hes better then kelly. we could get atleast 2 years out of him and he could help tutor perine.

Depends on what Perine/Thompson/Brown do in Kelley's absence. If they do well then there's no need to trade for an pay AD $2.25 million this year and $4.75 m next year if he's retained for both years.

Archived