Mitchell Trubisky's last few games

ChicagoRaider14

27 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

It doesn't really make any sense. Let's wait until Trubisky does this now somewhat consistently for his next 38 games.

It's like the dopes comparing Joe Burrow to Tom Brady.

Calm down.

He has to have the chance to do that, first. Hopefully he closes out the year strong. 

8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

He has to have the chance to do that, first. Hopefully he closes out the year strong. 

I 100% agree, but let's stop comparing him to a guy who's thrown for 70,000 yards for now, too.

I mean, statistically he's been more accurate than John Elway also so that's great.

21 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Well that has worked against him for the bulk of the season IMO. Since there hasn't been an ability to consistently hit 20+ yard passes defenses have squatted down and it has condensed the field for them to defend.

I'd love to see opposing defenses continue to do it and give Tru the chances - and for him to take them rather than forcing the ball for 5 yard gains - to make deep plays. We all have seen him carve teams up with quick passes, but we haven't consistently seen him hit deep guys even when they have a 3-5 yard lead on their defender. If he could do that then it will open up the short and intermediate game, and the run game as well. If he wants to be a long-term fixture then that is a must, I firmly believe you can cycle rookies and cheap vets to be mediocre game managers when you have talent around them, so to be worth the big deal a QB will get for their 2nd deal they have to do much more and do it against good defenses too.

The reason why the short passing game worked against the cowboys was because over the 4 games prior he was throwing the ball down the field well.

Yeah, you're right, he needs to do that consistently.