Mitchell Trubisky's last few games

ChicagoRaider14

59 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm going to reassess at the end of the season. This game I saw him actually run the offense. Checks at the line, changing plays / formation, etc. Is this the "202" Nagy was talking about? 

The second INT was garbage and Trubisky knows it. Let's see what he does on Thursday at the Lions. 

It was against a horrendous defense.

We are at the point where he is playing mediocre games against brutal defenses. Long gone are the TB and Det days where he looked awesome against the bums.

I am not sure what you are going to see in the next 5 games that is going to wildly swing the evaluation of him and what the Bears need to do.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nads786 said:

He is backup material in my mind. He will tease you with some great throws (like the one to Gabriel for the two point conversion or the 60 yarder to Robinson that never was because of a flag). He will never be consistent. He could go for 100 yards and no TDs to 300 yards and 2 picks to 250 yards and 3 TDs. How do you plan for such volatility. 

Let's keep drafting QBs. 

Is Mitch Trubisky Caleb Hanie?

52 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It was against a horrendous defense.

We are at the point where he is playing mediocre games against brutal defenses. Long gone are the TB and Det days where he looked awesome against the bums.

I am not sure what you are going to see in the next 5 games that is going to wildly swing the evaluation of him and what the Bears need to do.

It was against a bad defense, but we're a bad offense too for whatever that is worth. 

I want to see more progress. Keep checking out of bad plays and into better ones. Find the open man in your reads. Take what you learned from previous mistakes / missed reads based on coverages seen and make the correct decision, faster, when that situation comes up again. Take command of this offense and hold others accountable if they are making mistakes. 

I can live with mistakes on the field here and there if the broader picture is that he's getting better in the scope of the offense. 

Edited by G08

21 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He's much better than Hanie

But with a name like Trubisky at least he won't be able to look back one day and see the missed endorsement opportunity for a certain undergarment brand. Instead, he will be able to look back and see the missed endorsement opportunity for a certain breakfast-mix-in-a-box brand.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, G08 said:

It was against a bad defense, but we're a bad offense too for whatever that is worth. 

I want to see more progress. Keep checking out of bad plays and into better ones. Find the open man in your reads. Take what you learned from previous mistakes / missed reads based on coverages seen and make the correct decision, faster, when that situation comes up again. Take command of this offense and hold others accountable if they are making mistakes. 

I can live with mistakes on the field here and there if the broader picture is that he's getting better in the scope of the offense. 

He only offers downsides rarely any upside. He will throw interceptions but rarely throw 2-3 TDs in a game this year. He's extremely risk adverse and when he takes a risk its the worst possible one. He's like the shy quiet kid trying to hit on a girl, rarely says anything but when he does its awkward AF.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

My problem is that he is not getting better.

He still has not even gotten back to last years level. He is slightly less regressed at this point.

17 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

My problem is that he is not getting better.

He still has not even gotten back to last years level. He is slightly less regressed at this point.

I'd love to be in the meetings to really know what is going on with this offense, where the limitations are and who keeps screwing up. 

I want to see him take command of this offense. It's a generic term but he needs to own everything that is happening, the checks, the gameplan, the calls, and get on his guys if they are not doing their job. I liked hearing him say they didn't play good enough and they were wasting their talent. Good, now do something about it. Words are hollow without action. 

What is alarming me the most is Nagy is not only struggling to implement his offense, he doesn't seem to grasp how to be flexible enough to do what his team does best. That's horrifying. 

20 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'd love to be in the meetings to really know what is going on with this offense, where the limitations are and who keeps screwing up. 

I want to see him take command of this offense. It's a generic term but he needs to own everything that is happening, the checks, the gameplan, the calls, and get on his guys if they are not doing their job. I liked hearing him say they didn't play good enough and they were wasting their talent. Good, now do something about it. Words are hollow without action. 

What is alarming me the most is Nagy is not only struggling to implement his offense, he doesn't seem to grasp how to be flexible enough to do what his team does best. That's horrifying. 

His QB flamed out

His OL regressed

He has 0 talent at TE

His WRs are dropping everything.

I am not sure what Nagy is suppose to do with that. You cannot be flexible when everyone sucks.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I look at Trubisky belief now like I do climate change deniers.

There is just a mountain of evidence that says he sucks, but we pick one or two plays where he makes a play and we hold onto it.

Climate change is a myth because it snowed in  Alabama.

Mitch can be a good QB because he made that one great pass to Taylor Gabriel.

You do realize that climate changed isn't a settled debate, correct? The earth's weather patterns has change numerous times throughout history.

During the era of the Roman Empire, the climate was warmer, then it cooled down. Moreover, the warming period from ~980AD -- 1500AD was apart of the earth's natural cycle.

There mounts of evidence working against the climate change/global warming narrative that has been perpetuated by the global elite.

Although, we are not discussing politics on this forum, because this is a football forum about the Bears -- particularly, this thread, is about Mitchell Trubisky.

Further, the game looks like it to started slowing down for Mitch. He's looked more comfortable and accurate the past couple weeks. Nobody is bringing up particular throws to WRs.

If that is how you engage in a discussion, I will not engage with you beyond this point.

Thank you.

Edited by ChicagoRaider14

9 hours ago, GOGRIESE said:

The problem is he can look good on a few drives and then launch that absolutely stupid pick at the end of the game which against a better team might have rendered a loss. This is year 3. How much better is it going to get? We have good skill players. He's starring down Robinson 99 percent of the time. 

The question is are you ready to name him the starter for the Chicago Bears in 2020? 

Mariota, the king of eating the sack, got 5 years with Tennessee.

I think we can give Mitch 4 years. If he sucks that bad, we could potentially be in position to draft fields or Lawrence.

Although, the Bears are not going to turn this around over night.

The line is brutal and the WRs cannot catch the ball. It doesn't matter if Peyton Manning is throwing the ball if your WRs cannot catch the ball.

Our WRs are not even performing up to the level of professional WRs.

Edited by ChicagoRaider14

9 hours ago, GBHalas said:

I don't know if he's staring down Robinson 99 percent of the time.  Robinson has been the only consistent receiver we have had.  Burton has been MIA all year, Gabriel has had the dropsies all year, and Miller has just recently started producing.  I think Trubisky is showing progress, and even though I am not ready to anoint him the starter next year, I'm hopeful he can continue to make progress this year.  

The problem with the WRs other than Robinson is that they're often messing up.

They run the wrong routes, they run them at the incorrect depths, and they drop the ball. That's very hard to trust those guys -- especially when you're the only individual being blamed.

2 hours ago, ChicagoRaider14 said:

The problem with the WRs other than Robinson is that they're often messing up.

They run the wrong routes, they run them at the incorrect depths, and they drop the ball. That's very hard to trust those guys -- especially when you're the only individual being blamed.

Its true they have all sucked this year sans ARob.  Also the o-line has been bad. This is why I cannot fully put the blame on Mitch and which is why he will likely be given 1 more year at the very least to shut everyone up and make them hop back on the bandwagon again.

Speaking of WRs can we see more of Ridley and Wims please? I'm kind of over Taylor Gabriel. He's undersized and doesn't really have the same jets he used to have plus he has dropped the ball far too many times for my liking this year and now he's battling another concussion. I expect the team to move on from him after this season so might as well play the young guys more.