Let's talk about Corey Davis

deeluxx3

7 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

I'm a half Titans/half Giants fan, I think I mentioned this before. And so I love Eli, but the main reason he was putting those numbers is Odell. Not the other way around.

Okay I get that, & I’m not saying it isn’t true, but you said Eli was past his prime, how can he be past his prime & putting up career #’s pass your prime Kerry Collins 2008 titans Steve McNair Baltimore Ravens Peyton Manning last yr as a bronco. past your prime is when you’re on the decline  Eli could still put the ball where it needed to be & make all the throws. Eli didn’t decline till the year Odell broke his ankle 

I just think it’s fair to wonder if Corey just isn’t that good and the coaches see that. I know we are an O that’s slow down the game and grind, but it just doesn’t make sense to me that his number is rarely called. He has competent QB play right now but his numbers are more or less the same as they’ve always been.

thats just where I’m at with him. I do think he’d have better numbers in a legit offense, but the lack of consistency at this point is really concerning 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

I just think it’s fair to wonder if Corey just isn’t that good and the coaches see that. I know we are an O that’s slow down the game and grind, but it just doesn’t make sense to me that his number is rarely called. He has competent QB play right now but his numbers are more or less the same as they’ve always been.

thats just where I’m at with him. I do think he’d have better numbers in a legit offense, but the lack of consistency at this point is really concerning 

How he isn’t that good when he’s been targeted or made a point to give him the ball he’s produced, case in point the Atlanta game, phili game, NE, Dallas. Just face it our coaching staff is incompetent we paid 36 mill for a slot receiver & had him blocking the 1st 5 games of the season & he played like 10 snaps yesterday. It’s not hard to process everyone’s underachieve on offense playing in our scheme. Henry should be leading the league in rushing but no they want to go back to what almost killed his career off last season, RB by committee. How he’s not that good when he gave an all pro Corner fits last yr 7 catches over a 100 yards when Gilmore pretty much shut everyone down 🤔. I go find this footage they have on twitter back when mariota was starting, there where times Corey had his man beat off the line of scrimmage but mariota didn’t look his way. Even as someone put earlier, Corey had his man beat & Tannehill over threw him. Yes we now have a QB but we still have a conundrum at OC.

15 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Give you an example of a incompetent Offensive staff, the rams under Jeff fisher & what happens the 1st yr McVay takes over NWA throw another 1 at you the cowboys from last yr to this yr. kellen moore has Dak looking like a totally different QB he understands X’s & O’s 

How has Dak been different? Basically the same QB he’s always been. 

46 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

How he isn’t that good when he’s been targeted or made a point to give him the ball he’s produced, case in point the Atlanta game, phili game, NE, Dallas. Just face it our coaching staff is incompetent we paid 36 mill for a slot receiver & had him blocking the 1st 5 games of the season & he played like 10 snaps yesterday. It’s not hard to process everyone’s underachieve on offense playing in our scheme. Henry should be leading the league in rushing but no they want to go back to what almost killed his career off last season, RB by committee. How he’s not that good when he gave an all pro Corner fits last yr 7 catches over a 100 yards when Gilmore pretty much shut everyone down 🤔. I go find this footage they have on twitter back when mariota was starting, there where times Corey had his man beat off the line of scrimmage but mariota didn’t look his way. Even as someone put earlier, Corey had his man beat & Tannehill over threw him. Yes we now have a QB but we still have a conundrum at OC.

4 nice games in his third year. I get the anecdotal plays like the bomb that he was overthrown on, but again...his inclusion in games is just too far and few in between. The same way “some” of it was on Mariota, it has to be on Davis too

41 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

How has Dak been different? Basically the same QB he’s always been. 

You don’t watch football do you, 🤔 Dak is Top 5 in every QB statistic he’s pretty much been the cowboys offense this year zeke has been struggling running the ball for bout a month, he’s kept them in games. Dallas problem is defense.  Most TD passes he’s thrown in a season is 23 he already has 21 & he’s on pace to throw over 4k yards all career highs. 

26 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

4 nice games in his third year. I get the anecdotal plays like the bomb that he was overthrown on, but again...his inclusion in games is just too far and few in between. The same way “some” of it was on Mariota, it has to be on Davis too

Not necessarily because the QB throws the ball, if the receiver is open & the QB isn’t looking for him or the scheme isn’t targeting him don’t know what you want him to do, though the sample size is small he’s proven make him involve him in the game plan throw him targets He can perform with the best of him, again it’s not hard to see everyone underachieves in our offense from Henry, to Humphries it’s coaching. Our system is outdated art is no different than mularkey 

7 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Not necessarily because the QB throws the ball, if the receiver is open & the QB isn’t looking for him or the scheme isn’t targeting him don’t know what you want him to do, though the sample size is small he’s proven make him involve him in the game plan throw him targets He can perform with the best of him, again it’s not hard to see everyone underachieves in our offense from Henry, to Humphries it’s coaching. Our system is outdated art is no different than mularkey 

again, why are his targets so low? I know our offense isn't built to feed a WR the ball, but we aren't running it 50 plays a game. He's a 5th overall pick and supposed to be the #1 receiver. Why aren't there like 8-10 plays a game where he's the first read and gets targeted?

5 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

again, why are his targets so low? I know our offense isn't built to feed a WR the ball, but we aren't running it 50 plays a game. He's a 5th overall pick and supposed to be the #1 receiver. Why aren't there like 8-10 plays a game where he's the first read and gets targeted?

Because of the coaching staff we don’t have a clue on how to run a offense, this the same franchise that couldn’t get Randy moss & Kenny Britt on the field at the same time. We put sharpe in over brown & Davis sometimes & run deep routes with him, we use to run bubble screens with Eric decker, we split carries with Derrick Henry & Deion Lewis, we pay a slot WR 36 million to block & only play him 10 snaps a game. 🤦🏽‍♂️ 🗣 we’re a joke I don’t understand what’s so hard to get we’re stuck in the 90’s this the same team that played a team that ranked dead last in pass defense & #1 stopping the run & we couldn’t exploit their secondary, no scripted plays nothing like I don’t understand how you don’t get this we have incompetent coaches. He’s hardly target because of coaching 

52 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

You don’t watch football do you, 🤔 Dak is Top 5 in every QB statistic he’s pretty much been the cowboys offense this year zeke has been struggling running the ball for bout a month, he’s kept them in games. Dallas problem is defense.  Most TD passes he’s thrown in a season is 23 he already has 21 & he’s on pace to throw over 4k yards all career highs. 

What a great way to start a discussion. I clearly don’t watch football. Your high and mighty I know everything act is getting old real quick. I couldn’t care less about bulk stats. Dak has done nothing against a team that is in the top half of the league save for against Minnesota. All he’s done is feast on terrible teams and suck it up against decent to good teams. Stats with context matters. No one in their right mind would call Dak Prescott a top 5 qb.