Madden 12 - Cardinals Rebuild - This one's for Larry! - 1st pick in Year 1, Playoffs Year 2, Corrupted File Year 3! CONSPIRACY!

Dome

Cut

WR T Riddick - 79 speed 

Sign

QB Troy Smith vet minimum 

Preseason Week 4 (Spoiler alert: We lose our rookie QB for the first 6 weeks. Ugh.)

De'Jon Patrick was slated to play for the 1st quarter but had a strained bicep on his lone rushing attempt (0 yards). He threw for 85 yards on 10 attempts with zero turnovers and zero sacks taken. A decent showing in his final week.

Troy Smith went down after completing one pass. He'll be back next week and be asked to put on a brave face and get out there again.

Punter Mike Scifres was asked to play QB for two quarters and the CPU had some fun with it, letting Scifres rip it 38 times for 116 yards and 4 INTs. Really fun stuff.

The Cardinals are once again dealing with a plethora of QB injuries. 

Ryan Williams averaged over 4 YPC for the 2nd straight week and Beanie Wells looked serviceable in extended time. 

TE Houseler managed over 51 yards in every game this preseason. Not bad at all for the H-Back turned Temporary Jumbo WR. 

Moise Fokou played a lot again, managing 10 Tackles and 3 TFLs playing in all 3 LB spots

Reserve MLB Colin McCarthy made 7 tackles, had 2 TFLs and 1 INT. 

Gin returned one kick to near the midfield mark, once again.

Edited by Dome

Final Cuts and Roster moves

Cut

WR Cam Favors - Looks like a CB flipped to WR. He has some coverage skills and I could play him at CB in the preseason, never seen that. He's in the upper 50s overall as a WR or a CB. If there were Practice Squads in this game I'd keep him.

TE D Colson - Blocking TE with no strength.

TE J Ryan - Same

LG M Hawkins - Good strength, bad speed and agility. Would be a PS stash.

C E Palmer - 50s

C R Lipsey 50s

RG Mason 50s

Draft Pick RT Z Shuping - Low 60s, may bring back and convert to RG depending ho-w his stats compare to FAs

UDFA DE Chioke Ruff - That name is a sex pun, I know that's a developer joke. He's really bad...

SS Mustafa Bennet - Love the name, hate a SS with 65 speed.

Other moves:

2nd Round Pick CB A Brooks failed to impress as a CB but has the skill set for a very good ballhawk.
87 speed with elite agility/acceleration. Good ball carrier skills, vision and elusiveness. 88 zone coverage to 74 Man coverage.
He's now a FS (72 w/ A potential now)

Kicking DEs Calais Campbell and Tommie Harris inside 
DE O'Brien Schofield has shown enough to earn the job (Mid 80s overall after the switch to DE who plays OLB on heavy packages) and DE Sam Acho (78 OVR) is OK opposite him.

UDFA OLB J Aiken will make the team as a 65 OVR MLB  -  MLB M Fokou to ROLB to be starter.

TRADE

Cardinals trade FB A Sherman to the Saints for two 6th round picks. 

Sean Payton loves fullbacks, he gets a great one who's only entering his 2nd season. Cardinals roll with the 95 stiff arm rookie, Ben Ramsey (80 OVR with A potential)

TRADE

NT Dan Williams (3rd year, 80 ovr, B potential) to the Chiefs for a 4th and a 5th round pick in the upcoming draft.

Staring DTs will be Campbell and Harris, they both offer a little more as pass rushers. Rookie NT Zach Boone is a 75 overall and also has a B potential, so he'll fill in as needed.

Signings

QB C Henne - 77 OVR

RT Z Shuping - 60 OVR at RG

Keeston Bradley - 78 DE - 21 y/o rookie - B potential - What a find! He was drafted in the 2nd round this year. I'm chalking this up to character issues or something *wink wink* ...  I'll take a chance on him.

DT J Simon - 67 OVR Rookie w/ C Potential - 6' 5" 310lbs 

TE M Hoomanawanui - Blocking TE - 26 years old 69 OVR

Cut LE D Burrell (69)

Sign LE R Ayers (73)

Sign WR/CB C Favors (58 OVR) - He may be converted back to CB to play some STs. We'll see. I know it's not useful in Madden but I like the versatility. 

Week 1 (0-0) @ Seahawks  - 31-21 loss. 

LOLB D Washington out 9 Weeks with torn biceps
MLB C McCarthy out 8 Weeks with a herniated disk. 

Terrible luck. We put up a good fight without our more talented QB in the lineup though. 

Week 2 (0-1) vs Dolphins (0-1) - 21-6 win.

No Injuries

Week 3 (1-1) at 49ers (2-0) - 20-10 win.

Rookie WR Armini Lawrence out 4 weeks with groin tear. Damn it. He had 7 receptions for 98 yards in the first two weeks.

But what a win! Going into enemy territory and giving them their first L of the season!

Week 4 Bye (2-1)

Scouting this week, found a 5th round RB with elite juke and spin move, as well as +receiving skills.

Week 5 (2-1) vs Packers (0-4) - 23-13 WIN!

UDFA FB B Ramsey out 4 weeks with a broken thumb.

Packers struggling something fierce and we capitalize. 

A quarter of the way through the season we're sitting at 3-1. Gotta love that.

Chad Henne has filled in well as a veteran backup. 949 yards, 8TDs and 3 INTs at 6.3 YPA.

Ryan Williams is running a bit better than last year, but not significantly so. 178 yards at 3.1 YPA.

Fitzgerald is averaging 111 yards and 1 TD per game.

Fred Davis is averaging almost 50 yards per game.

Moise Fokou has proven himself to be a reliable blitzer, racking up 5 sacks in 4 games behind the shadow of Calais Campbell.

Casey Matthews and Desmond Bishop lead the team in tackles, Bishop is yet to register a TFL. 

LSH has returned one kick to midfield so far, and set his team up in FG range with an 85 yard punt return that ended in the red zone. 

Week 6 (3-1) @ Chicago Bears (3-2) - 24-20 WIN!

No new injuries.

Week 7 (4-1) @ St. Louis Rams (2-4) - 31-24 loss.

De'Jon Patrick lost his rookie debut, but played great. 298 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs and 70% completion rate.

Armani Lawrence got back from his injury this week as well. He caught 3 passes for 50 yards and 1 TD, he also caught 3 screens for a 4.3 yard average. 

THE ROOKIES ARE BACK!

Week 8 (4-2) @ Detriot Lions (2-4) - 27-23 loss

Two losses in a row, shoot. Defense isn't playing well. 

C Matthew Slauson is out 6 weeks with a partial PCL tear.

De'Jon played well again, 334 yards and 60% completion with 2 TDs and 0 INTs

Armani Lawrence caught 6 passes for 97 yards and another TD.

Week 9 (4-3) @ Buffalo Bills (3-5) - 27 -17 loss.

Oof. We need to right this ship. We won early and got complacent.

LT Levi Brown out 3 weeks with upper arm injury. 

Week 10 (4-4) vs 49ers (7-1) - 23-20 loss.

We had a chance to hand the 49ers their second loss and sweep them. We blew it.

No new injuries. 

Week 11 (4-5) vs Giants (6-3) - 37-21 win. 

I bumped up the aggression and pass attempts up a little in coaching schemes. IDK if it did anything but we got the win.

Unfortunately it came at a great price.

Rookie WR A Lawrence broke his tibia and is done for the season. I hope this doesn't become a common issue with him, I'm willing to chalk it up to bad luck for now.

He finishes his rookie campaign with 19 catches for 289 yards (15.2 avg) and 2 TDs in 8 games. He caught 11 screens for 25 yards as well.

He is placed on IR and the Cardinals sign WR J Simpson.

Week 12 (5-5) vs Seahawks (5-5) - 28-24 win

LARRY FITZGERALD TO IR, broken arm.

PATRICK PETERSON TO IR, torn hamstring.

SEASON CANCELLED!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Sign TE Lance Kendricks

Sign CB Chris Carr

Week 13 (6-5) @ Panthers (4-7) - 37-17 loss.

We have no weapons. Good coaches find a way, I find excuses. ITS NOT MY FAULT PEOPLE GET HURT!

OLB M Fokou out 4 weeks w/ groin tear.

MLB D Bishop out 3 weeks w/ dislocated elbow.

WHAT A DISASTER!

Well... Let's see where we were headed before everything went to ****. We were 6-5 when Larry and Peterson went down, then got trashed by the Panthers the next week to make it an even (6-6) at the quarter poll.

Rookie QB D Patrick has thrown for 1874 yards and 14 TDs while only throwing 2 INTs. He's only completing 60% of his passes but has a rating of over 90.

RB Ryan Williams is averaging 3.6 yards per carry. Much better than last year, but not good enough.

Fitzgerald was averaging 73 yards per game and had 6 TDs on the season before going down in week 12.

WR Andre Roberts has 8 TDs and played well in the absence of rookie WR Armani Lawrence.

Frank Zombo has got a lot of playing time, with injuries all over the LB corps. He's got 8 sacks and 64 tackles to show for it.

Kerry Rhodes made a strong transition to SS. He has 4 INTs and 2 sacks so far.

• Like 1

Week 14 (6-6) vs Jets (6-6) - 24-21 win!!!

Zombo to IR with a broken toe.

Rookie QB D Patrick out 3 weeks with knee sprain.

Uh... I think injury sliders need to be adjusted. This is crazy.

Week 15 (7-6) vs Rams (6-7) - Win 20-12!!!

Henne is magic! 

BUT WE ARE CURSED!

Rookie LT B Gorden out 2 weeks with hand injury.

Week 16 (8-6) @ Patriots (5-9) - WE STAY ALIVE! 31-27 win!!!

NO INJURIES!!! ALL GLORY TO GOD!! PRAISE HIM!!

• Like 1