What killed you this year?

Humble_Beast

Big Ben getting hurt crushed me in my most competitive league. I had JuJu and Conner as keepers...and injury/lack of production at QB was crushing. I also had Antonio Brown in that league. I somehow BARELY made the playoffs, primarily because I was able to patch it up with guys like AJ Brown and Darius Slayton at the WR position, but I really should have been a front runner in that league.

• 3 weeks later...

In my auction league I spent big on CMC, JuJu, and OBJ.  JuJu and OBJ can kick rocks.  I even got lucky with a couple waiver players there but didnt make the playoffs.

In my 16 team, keeper league, I was in the semi's and almost played AJ Brown over Edelman, but decided against it.  I also thought about playing Hunt over Jacobs that same week but didnt. I lost that week by 1.25 points and would have won by 20 if I played Brown.  Or if Drew Brees would have thrown one more first down to Michael Thomas in week 15 while blowing out the colts, i would have won.  I was also the high league scorer the next week which means I would have won the league, $700 difference in payouts due to that one decision. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2019 at 8:04 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

Other ppl's luck in fantasy.

Lol. Underrated comment, and 100% true

Scored the 2nd most points every week and just so happened to face the top scorer of the week. Lost several weeks because of guys like Latavius Murray, Breshaud Perriman, etc having career performances

• Like 1

Mayfield.

Prescott was my darkhorse QB, and I planned to take him later in the draft, but Mayfield slipped a bit and I felt the value was too good there. I had studs everywhere on my team, Kelce, Lockett, Aaron Jones, Conner (pre-injury), John Brown, etc. but BM tanked me.

Edited by Tetsujin

On 3/7/2020 at 8:27 PM, Canuck said:

Lol. Underrated comment, and 100% true

Scored the 2nd most points every week and just so happened to face the top scorer of the week. Lost several weeks because of guys like Latavius Murray, Breshaud Perriman, etc having career performances

I lost two games based on luck.

I was up by 60 one week. Sutton and Robert Woods brought the dude back.

Later in the year, I lost on that Dallas def TD vs NYG.

I made the playoffs but if I had won those two, I would had been the 1 seed.

• Like 1