BYU Dynasty - The Stormin' Mormons - Preseason, Year 1, 2031

Dome

Week 11 Game

FCS NW @ BYU

Should be a blowout. Gonna run the ball all over the field and get some momentum heading into our final games.

OFF: Run Balanced - 70/30 favoring the run, 65% aggressive.

Lots of RBs should get the ball this week.

DEF: 4-2-5 - 70/30 favoring the pass, 65% aggressive.

Trying to get some depth DL guys some looks too. Keep our Deep LB corps healthy for the matchup the Notre Dame.

RESULTS:

WIN 
BYU 42 - FCSW 3
Needed a win badly, even against some bad talent lined up across from us.

Somehow QB J Young still managed to throw a pick to his one TD while only completing half of his 12 passes for 94 yards. 
The #3 QB C Whitaker got some work and threw a bit better than expected. That was nice to see.

Soph RB Davis was injured early (broken wrist, done for the year), he didn't register a carry.
Senior S Jackson carried it 38 times for 266 yards and 4 scores in his absence. He'll get a break next week against the second of our two FCS opponents this season.

Week 12 Game

FCS W @ BYU

Should be a blowout. Gonna run the ball all over the field and get some momentum heading into our final games.

OFF: Option Run- 60/40 favoring the run, 65% aggressive.

Gonna let Senior QB J Young sling it a bit more than last week. This may be his last game for BYU and our Sophomore QB is just back from an injury and doesn't need to rush back

DEF: 4-2-5 - 70/30 favoring the pass, 65% aggressive.

Still to get some depth DL guys some looks as well as keep the LB corps healthy for the matchup the Notre Dame next week.

RESULTS: 

WIN
BYU 42  -  FCS W 9

J Young had a rating of 206.3 and had 4 TD to go along with his 242 yards on 24 attempts. What a day for the senior!

S Jackson and FB L Hawkins each had 100 yards and combined for almost 240 to go along with their score apiece. 

Soph TE Nic Roberts caught 9 passes for 124 yards and a score
RS Senior RB S Jackson made himself useful as a receiver, catchin 5 passes for 41 yards and 1 TD.

Edited by Dome

Week 13 - Notre Dame @ BYU

Notre Dame is 6-4 and no longer ranked after starting the year in the Top 25. BYU is also 6-4 but serious underdogs here. Notre Dame has a stronger team across the board.

OFF: Option Offense - 70/30 in favor of running, 60% aggressive

Defense: 3-3-5 - 65/35 in favor of pass defense, 55% aggressive

RESULTS

LOSS
BYU 17 - ND 35

BYU lead 17-14 heading into halftime, but got blanked in the 2nd half as ND scored 21 unanswered.

RB S Jackson carried the team. 130 yards and both scores on 27 attempts.

Nobody else did much of note. Not a good game for us.

Jackson will be the feature player next week against Utah.

Edited by Dome

Week 14 - Last regular game of the season.

The 9-2 Utah Utes come to Provo to face off with the 6-5 BYU Cougars. Utah has nods across the board, they have a slight edge in almost all factes of this game. BYU's crowd is going to have to bring some energy and a bit more of that patented Mormon luck to win this one.

OFF: Spread - 50/50 with 55% aggressiveness

DEF: 3-3-5 - 60/40 with 50% aggressiveness.

Results

UTAH 45
BYU 13

Talk about an *** kicking.

Soph QB J Holmes got hurt after going 0-1 with 1 INT. 
RS Senior J Young threw 24 passes for 86 yards.

HB S Jackson went down after 4 carries for 28 yards leaving FB L Hawkins as the only viable option at HB. No bueno. He rushed 19 times for 53 yards. 

Abysmal. 

Taysom Hill finished 6-6 in his first season as HC of the BYU Cougars. A heartbreaking loss in Pullman in a once in a lifetime type 4th quarter has left everyone wondering what could have been if they had been able to finish the season 7-5.

The BYU Panthers were not selected to play in any Bowl Games.

Graduation Ceremony

QB J Young - 76 ovr

HB S Jackson - 88 ovr
HB/FB L Hawkins - 79 ovr

WR B Deangelis - 80 ovr
WR A Parker - 76 ovr
WR D  Tucker - 70 orv
WR J Smith - 68 ovr

TE W Horner - 57 ovr

LT T Culver - 89 ovr
LG L Weldon - 76 ovr
C A Reid - 91 ovr
RG M Mills - 72 ovr

LE Z Wright - 79 ovr
DT J McKenzie - 73 ovr

LOLB B Thompson - 80 ovr
ROLB R Lowe - 79 ovr

CB M Jude - 81 ovr

FS A Payne - 83 ovr
FS C Jackson - 79 ovr

Those are some tough shoes to fill on the offensive line. 

Well, i've dicked it all up again.... good lord.

i changed all my player's positions in the right time of the offseason, everything looked great.

it asked me if I wanted to save these changes, I thought I hit yes but apparently I did not.

CPU auto assigned my ATH players miserably. My Oline got all jacked up with no saves...

classic example of textbook mormon luck

Taysom Hill is considering a return to the NFL after one season as BYUs head coach. 

7 hours ago, Dome said:

i changed all my player's positions in the right time of the offseason, everything looked great.

it asked me if I wanted to save these changes, I thought I hit yes but apparently I did not.

CPU auto assigned my ATH players miserably. My Oline got all jacked up with no saves...

Taysom Hill is considering a return to the NFL after one season as BYUs head coach. 

RIP Domey. You poor soul.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dome said:

At this point, it's time to hit the "reset" button and try Year 1 again.

I'd recommend if you're going to simulate, put the "best" players in and ignore the youth who won't perform well unless they're REALLY GOOD, while red-shirting them, and then start playing the 2nd season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

At this point, it's time to hit the "reset" button and try Year 1 again.

I'd recommend if you're going to simulate, put the "best" players in and ignore the youth who won't perform well unless they're REALLY GOOD, while red-shirting them, and then start playing the 2nd season.

yes pls

I'll probably do another one at some point... 3rd time's the charm? It'll be a crappy school and I'll probably be OC and actually play offense, working my way up to HC of a not embarrassing school. The BYU dynasty was only meant to be 3-4 seasons anyways just to get a feel for recruiting. It was supposed to to be short, just not that short.

I did learn a lot from this one and I was excited to finish the offseason and post my recruiting class once I had everyone moved to their new positions. I still could but I've kinda lost interest in this after my snafu. The save file is always there to come back to this.