TACT XVIII: Zeke's Whacky Weekend Adventures

D82

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

@james.mcmurry13 @RandyMossIsBoss @Danger

Whats a good K/D for black widow for the quick play list? Where do I need to be before going to competitive maps? Im sitting around 2 - 2.5 with about 15-20 kills a game. Im not sure if thats good or not.  My son likes Sombra, he gets like 25-30 kills a game with a 2.5+ kd, but hes a lot more aggressive with his character. 

Don't play Widow. :| 

Just now, Danger said:

Don't play Widow. :| 

That said, Sombra is my favorite character, but she isn't always the best to use in competitive because she requires a highly coordinated team to get good use out of her abilities. As for Widow, she's very unreliable.  It isn't so much a K/D thing. Long story short, are you getting picks (headshots)? If so then you're doing a good enough job. Headshots can be noted by a RED arrow when you kill someone and a high pitched "DINK" noise. You can see in your stats under "Scoped Critical Shots".

13 hours ago, Danger said:

That said, Sombra is my favorite character, but she isn't always the best to use in competitive because she requires a highly coordinated team to get good use out of her abilities. As for Widow, she's very unreliable.  It isn't so much a K/D thing. Long story short, are you getting picks (headshots)? If so then you're doing a good enough job. Headshots can be noted by a RED arrow when you kill someone and a high pitched "DINK" noise. You can see in your stats under "Scoped Critical Shots".

I get roughly ~5 kill shots a game followed by 10 assists that I hit bodies or tag a big dude. 

Edit - that seems high. Lets call it 3. 

EDIT 2 - just looked, I average 9 final kills a game. I am assuming most of those are snipes. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I get roughly ~5 kill shots a game followed by 10 assists that I hit bodies or tag a big dude. 

That's on the low end of adequate I'd say. But then it is quick play so who knows that'd translate to competitive. I'd suggest playing a bit of all the heroes so you know how they work and how to deal with what and how. 

You bought the game on Xbox yeah? Send me a friend request. GT: FAC3oftheD3AD

Just now, Danger said:

That's on the low end of adequate I'd say. But then it is quick play so who knows that'd translate to competitive. I'd suggest playing a bit of all the heroes so you know how they work and how to deal with what and how. 

Will do. I am a solid above average sniper, but not great. I played destiny competitive and could hang in the sniper arena. Not great, mind you, but could hold my own. 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

BTW - it would be much easier for you to add me. But I will do the work.

12 hours ago, Danger said:

You made me try hard. 26 kills, 15 final blows, 13 kill streak. Tell me thats not good......

Just now, Matts4313 said:

This last game was 24 kils, 4 deaths, 15 kill streak and 9 critical scopes. 

Well as far as Widows go I'd say that's good enough for competitive. But keep in mind things that give Widow trouble. Genji, Winston (Jumping on you and getting up in your face), Reinhardt (by having a shield protecting his teammates you can't shoot through. 

Try to have at least 4-5 heroes you feel good with, spread in a variety of roles (healer, damage, and tank).

Just now, Danger said:

Well as far as Widows go I'd say that's good enough for competitive. But keep in mind things that give Widow trouble. Genji, Winston (Jumping on you and getting up in your face), Reinhardt (by having a shield protecting his teammates you can't shoot through. 

Try to have at least 4-5 heroes you feel good with, spread in a variety of roles (healer, damage, and tank).

Keep in mind that most the time I play video games, Im also drinking. So this mid-afternoon-coffee driven Matts will never happen again. 

Hey guys, thanks for the support & kind words. Is a fun time in my life. Only scary part is that I will be 60 when my daughter graduates highschool. Good grief.

As for my Razorbacks, it was time for a change. Bielema was 29-33 in 5 years. He only won 27.5% of his conference games. That is pathetic. He may be a great guy & his players loved him, but what he was trying to do wasn't working. Our offense sucked. Our defense sucked. Our kickers sucked. But hey, we have an experienced punter coming back. 9_9

9 hours ago, Danger said:

Whelp you were right. I havent gone positive KD in one competitive game yet with Widow.

Archived