BDL Divisional Round - #7 Rome Eternals @ #2 Cuba Smugglers

SirA1

Rome Eternals @ Cuba Smugglers  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Rome Eternals
    • Cuba Smugglers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2019 at 05:01 AM

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Lol. David Blough was even able to pick on Wayne's 

Blough picked on Waynes more than any other corner. On Detroit’s fifth possession, Waynes was flagged for holding while also giving up a 17-yard completion. He gave up two more completions on that drive and was pulled.

He carved up Chicago’s defense for a half last week. Shrug.

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Although your safeties are playing well considering the league average it’s almost without question you posses the worst group of starting safeties remaining in the playoffs.

Won't disagree to that.  Doesn't mean they are bad.  Or that I put them in positions that they don't do well in Irl 

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Won't disagree to that.  Doesn't mean they are bad.  Or that I put them in positions that they don't do well in Irl 

I’ve stated before this week one of the things Watson is good for is the scramble drill bc guys break free in coverage. And for the great passer you’ve got we’ve got accounted coverage for Oliver (Derwin James), the number one CB through pff on the other side (Richard Sherman), and Dennard has been one of the top ten (meaning BDL startable) nickel CBs in the NFL. So color me skeptical but I don’t think Brees can just carve up this defense like RL.

24 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I’ve stated before this week one of the things Watson is good for is the scramble drill bc guys break free in coverage. And for the great passer you’ve got we’ve got accounted coverage for Oliver (Derwin James), the number one CB through pff on the other side (Richard Sherman), and Dennard has been one of the top ten (meaning BDL startable) nickel CBs in the NFL. So color me skeptical but I don’t think Brees can just carve up this defense like RL.

You realize I have you wasting Sherman on Demaryius Thomas right?  

7 hours ago, MD4L said:

So you’re going to throw and motion to the same side for the entire game. There’s an all pro safety playing deep.

Lol Sherman lines up OUTSIDE.  We use Thomas to run right at him as stated in write up.  Idk how this is such a hard concept for you.  Sherman gets occupied by this.  Also your star safety can't cover my three other dudes lol    Oliver and Waynes have been disasters and Dennard while not bad isn't on the same level as Edelman 

Rome has the best tackle Tandem currently in BDL. And their interior oline is underrated. I don’t see Cuba getting much pressure on Brees. Brees has some good weapons to throw to. Cuba has a dynamic offense that can take advantage of some weaknesses in the Rome secondary, and can control the clock with Cook. Very fun game matchup.

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Lol Sherman lines up OUTSIDE.  We use Thomas to run right at him as stated in write up.  Idk how this is such a hard concept for you.  Sherman gets occupied by this.  Also your star safety can't cover my three other dudes lol    Oliver and Waynes have been disasters and Dennard while not bad isn't on the same level as Edelman 

Isaiah Oliver started slow but has been around average in the second half of the year. My star safety can provide a last line of defense. If you want to target one side and short routes at that for the whole game go ahead. Oh and you’ve got no mention of getting RBs involved in the receiving game.

Meanwhile your safeties are going to be in trouble dealing with my receivers who since Julio is getting doubled will be subjected to isolation coverage down field vs burners. And we’ve got a better running back who’s actually involved in both areas (receiving + running).

Also you made a claim about stopping the run being difficult, we’ve got bigger edges for a reason. They can crash down and even over pursue in that area bc Brees is not a mobile passer. The one thing you have going is you’ll target short routes to the left side. 

46 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Also you made a claim about stopping the run being difficult, we’ve got bigger edges for a reason. They can crash down and even over pursue in that area bc Brees is not a mobile passer. The one thing you have going is you’ll target short routes to the left side. 

You're running then straight up the field.  The draw will go right where they vacated as the tackles will let them do that.  lol 

52 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Isaiah Oliver started slow but has been around average in the second half of the year. My star safety can provide a last line of defense. If you want to target one side and short routes at that for the whole game go ahead. Oh and you’ve got no mention of getting RBs involved in the receiving game.

Meanwhile your safeties are going to be in trouble dealing with my receivers who since Julio is getting doubled will be subjected to isolation coverage down field vs burners. 

I mentioned them being alert for a Blitzer before going out in their route but you are correct, we are concentrating more on going after Oliver and Waynes, as per our write up.... while you want to force the ball, per your write up, into Julio double coverage and Marlon Humphrey coverage on Chark and "relentlessly target" them. 

I'll take my chances against Brandon hot garbage this year Cooks and his 12 catches for 162 yards and zero td on 22 targets since the calendar turned to October (average of under two catches for under 25 yards) against NRC and Ted hasnt gotten over 50 yards in a game since week 1 Ginn.

Fun fact :  James Washington, who you dismiss has 20 catches on 22 targets in his last five weeks headed into this week for 417 yards and four td catching passes from Rudolph and some dude who guys by the duck (per my write up) Cooks has 458 yards  catching 31 of 53 targets and one td ALL SEASON.  And Ted Ginn 28 catches on 52! Targets for 398 and two td  ALL SEASON

Hell you spent more time drawing up gadget plays for Tayson Hill that we are prepared for than almost anything else 

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

mentioned them being alert for a Blitzer before going out in their route but you are correct, we are concentrating more on going after Oliver and Waynes, as per our write up.... while you want to force the ball, per your write up, into Julio double coverage and Marlon Humphrey coverage on Chark and "relentlessly target" them. 

On underneath routes? That offsets the double team. DeShaun Watson can do that. Your double team leaves other guys on islands. Ted Ginn can go deep and make a play as can Kenny Stills whom beat elite slot CB Johnathan Jones for a TD a week before. Watson is the only passer whose torn up the Patriots like that. Doubling Julio with an average CB and safety only furthers the open opportunities. 

I'll take my chances against Brandon hot garbage this year Cooks and his 12 catches for 162 yards and zero td on 22 targets since the calendar turned to October (average of under two catches for under 25 yards) against NRC and Ted hasnt gotten over 50 yards in a game since week 1 Ginn

Let’s not forget Cooks still draws premier coverage from opposing defense and Goff has had his best games with Cooks playing. He can make one big play with Watson at QB and Tre Boston playing deep does not change that.

James Washington, who you dismiss has 20 catches on 22 targets in his last five weeks headed into this week for 417 yards and four td catching passes from Rudolph and some dude who guys by the duck (per my write up)

It’s a good thing the secondary has been strong. The best part of our defensive line is the interior pressure Brees has to deal with. Fletcher Cox and Arik Armstead have been the strongest run defenders at their respective positions. Eric Kendricks has been among the top cover men at LB this season. We’ve got 5 all pro caliber players on multiple levels of this defense (Derwin James, Fletcher Cox, Eric Kendricks, Arik Armstead, & Richard Sherman). Not to mention Tyrann Mathieu playing the nickel allows him to serve as 4th CB.