BDL Divisional Round - #7 Rome Eternals @ #2 Cuba Smugglers

SirA1

Rome Eternals @ Cuba Smugglers  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Rome Eternals
    • Cuba Smugglers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2019 at 05:01 AM

50 minutes ago, MD4L said:

On underneath routes? That offsets the double team. DeShaun Watson can do that. Your double team leaves other guys on islands. Ted Ginn can go deep and make a play as can Kenny Stills whom beat elite slot CB Johnathan Jones for a TD a week before. Watson is the only passer whose torn up the Patriots like that. Doubling Julio with an average CB and safety only furthers the open opportunities. 

Let’s not forget Cooks still draws premier coverage from opposing defense and Goff has had his best games with Cooks playing. He can make one big play with Watson at QB and Tre Boston playing deep does not change that.

It’s a good thing the secondary has been strong. The best part of our defensive line is the interior pressure Brees has to deal with. Fletcher Cox and Arik Armstead have been the strongest run defenders at their respective positions. Eric Kendricks has been among the top cover men at LB this season. We’ve got 5 all pro caliber players on multiple levels of this defense (Derwin James, Fletcher Cox, Eric Kendricks, Arik Armstead, & Richard Sherman). Not to mention Tyrann Mathieu playing the nickel allows him to serve as 4th CB.

So two games without Cooks are the Bears and Steelers.... Goff struggled against the Ravens and  49ers too when Cooks was in there.. Wonder if those four defenses are at all good or anything... 

.... Shocked.... 

I do  enjoy how frogs game plan keeps evolving from Cooks and Ginn to now Stills (who he never mentions in his plan a single time) 

Why would I double Julio while using my best corner?  That defeats the purpose of a double team

Mathieu now has gone from playing in the box and over top of Sherman in man two when not in the box , to being a corner 

Idk why you keep bringing up Watson like I'm debating he's good or something? 

I'm gonna let the voters decide now frogs.  You can comment here moving forward as much as you like 

Edited by bcb1213

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

@Pickle Rick @The Orca @Jlash @ny92mike @pheltzbahr  @WFLukic @TedLavie @Counselor @PR @Ragnarok@

@RuskieTitan  @rackcs 

Kno you guys are voting soon.  CB Kenny Moore inactive for Cuba 

OL ted Karras was inactive for Rome 

Lucky for you, I hadn't submitted my vote yet.  Let me go rethink this knowing that 

17 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

@Pickle Rick @The Orca @Jlash @ny92mike @pheltzbahr  @WFLukic @TedLavie @Counselor @PR @Ragnarok@

@RuskieTitan  @rackcs 

I'll be honest. I'm not gonna be that guy that changes his vote but had I realized Moore was inactive, I wouldve probably gone with Rome here. Denard has not made that big of an impact this season. He has something like 15 tackles and 5 PDs and 0 ints on the season. Trae Waynes has been getting worse by the week. The drop off for them at CB is significant 

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'll be honest. I'm not gonna be that guy that changes his vote but had I realized Moore was inactive, I wouldve probably gone with Rome here. Denard has not made that big of an impact this season. He has something like 15 tackles and 5 PDs and 0 ints on the season. Trae Waynes has been getting worse by the week. The drop off for them at CB is significant 

You can be that guy.  Not like reading our hub bub swayed your vote.  If the only reason is Moore was inactive you're good 

29 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

This game is gonna come down to who can actually make a stop on defense.  I like Cuba to get that done more than Rome.  

Cuba wins 27-24 as they stop Rome on the final drive.

I'm sticking to this.  Cuba's backup looks pretty good and played well enough Sunday.  

25 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

You can be that guy.  Not like reading our hub bub swayed your vote.  If the only reason is Moore was inactive you're good 

I mean it's definitely a big part of it if you look at Rome's passing attack if Kenny Moore is there, idc about Sherman being wasted on DT. But Dennard is not, imo, even close to what Kenny More is in the slot.  Having said that.. I'm gonna be fair about it and stick to my original vote.

Edited by wwhickok

To me, losing Moore this week isn't that big of an impact because to me Rome really only has 2 impactful receivers to begin with and Cuba is doubling Cooper. 

Two really good QB's, two good defensive game plans. Both similar in fashion but I think, in theory, if both Cooper and Julio are limited by double teams or bracket coverage or whatever, then it comes down to secondary and tertiary playmakers for both teams. I love Edelman for what he gives you, but I think if he's going to be relied upon to be the sole force to make big plays and to drive a team up and down the field in a shootout, I think Cuba can outlast Brees and Co. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

@RuskieTitan  @rackcs 

Did you just mention a player that wasn’t even in your lineup to appear more diplomatic for calling out Cuba’s injury? Lol

Really good game, writeups were well done, but I think bcb did the better job there.  Not too much in glaring deficiencies on either roster even with the injuries mentioned.  I would have liked Cuba to focus more on the interior rush aginast Brees, where I think they have an advantage and hurts Brees effectiveness.  Think this will be a higher scoring affainr, but not the shootout some are predicting.  The difference maker to me is the lack of impact players in Rome's defense, no holes, but no game changers either.  I think Cuba's D makes a momentum shifting play at some point in the second half and in the end that's the difference.  Cuba at home 31 - 27