Lions VS Vikings Takeaways

Just Want A Title

This was a tough game to watch.  The offense has kept us in the last few games but Mike Zimmer's defense was pretty good today.  Our defense looked lifeless for most of the game.  That said:

1.  They hype train on David Blough came to a screeching halt.  He was really exposed in this game.  His downfield accuracy wasn't great.  He didn't have a lot of zip on his passes for most of the game.

2.  Taylor Decker was horrible.  Danielle Hunter is a good player but he Decker made him look like Jason Taylor.  He needs to move to G or RT.

3.  Bo Scarborough continued to run fairly well.  He has surprising speed for such a big back.  He definitely has a future with the Lions.  

4.  Jesse James actually caught a pass today.  Woo hoo!

5.  As mention above, our defense was pretty lifeless for most of the game.  

6.  I think opposing QBs are noticing a drop-off in Darius Slay's game.  If Kirk Cousins isn't afraid to challenge Slay that says a lot.

7.  Our DTs are too big and not active enough. I know people said we need big DTs to make this defense work but we have them and our defense still isn't working.  What we need at DTs who are mor active and disruptive.

8.  Our LBs are horrible in coverage.  Jarrad Davis is has never been good.  We were really exposed in the short-passing game today.  

9.  Will Harris is really struggling.  Maybe it is a rookie thing.  Lets hope he improves in next year.

10.  One of the few bright spots from today's game is that Mike Daniels played pretty well.  

That is about it.  Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

This was a tough game to watch.  The offense has kept us in the last few games but Mike Zimmer's defense was pretty good today.  Our defense looked lifeless for most of the game.  That said:

1.  They hype train on David Blough came to a screeching halt.  He was really exposed in this game.  His downfield accuracy wasn't great.  He didn't have a lot of zip on his passes for most of the game.

2.  Taylor Decker was horrible.  Danielle Hunter is a good player but he Decker made him look like Jason Taylor.  He needs to move to G or RT.

3.  Bo Scarborough continued to run fairly well.  He has surprising speed for such a big back.  He definitely has a future with the Lions.  

4.  Jesse James actually caught a pass today.  Woo hoo!

5.  As mention above, our defense was pretty lifeless for most of the game.  

6.  I think opposing QBs are noticing a drop-off in Darius Slay's game.  If Kirk Cousins isn't afraid to challenge Slay that says a lot.

7.  Our DTs are too big and not active enough. I know people said we need big DTs to make this defense work but we have them and our defense still isn't working.  What we need at DTs who are mor active and disruptive.

8.  Our LBs are horrible in coverage.  Jarrad Davis is has never been good.  We were really exposed in the short-passing game today.  

9.  Will Harris is really struggling.  Maybe it is a rookie thing.  Lets hope he improves in next year.

10.  One of the few bright spots from today's game is that Mike Daniels played pretty well.  

That is about it.  Thoughts?

None of hunters sacks were against Decker. I don’t think even think he lined up across from him once.