Fido on the IR

Texansfan713

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-place-TE-C-J-Fiedorowicz-on-IR-12192362.php

He can be designated to return.  Our TE's aren't even good WITH him playing so I wouldn't mind us bringing in Gary Barnidge. Not sure why he still unsigned unless I'm missing something. His last 2 seasons with the Browns are better seasons than any of our tight ends on the roster currently during that span COMBINED. 

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-place-TE-C-J-Fiedorowicz-on-IR-12192362.php

He can be designated to return.  Our TE's aren't even good WITH him playing so I wouldn't mind us bringing in Gary Barnidge. Not sure why he still unsigned unless I'm missing something. His last 2 seasons with the Browns are better seasons than any of our tight ends on the roster currently during that span COMBINED. 

I gotta think he's on the short list of guys to get. Gotta probably get someone else as long as Griffin/Anderson are also on the mend. 

Larry Donnell is another name to think of as an off TE type we tend to like.

2 hours ago, dsorc said:

I think the priority at the moment will be bringing somebody that can dress up on Thursday. Expect us to bring up Bayliss from the PS and then look to sign somebody over the weekend.

The "lucky" thing about these injuries, changing over to Deshaun and all of the issues with the line/WR/TE depth is that there's a mini bye after this game and even with all the problems this is a game they can win. It's possible to come out of this at 1-1, get Duane Brown and some of the injured player back and have 10 days to get find some way to fix the huge holes that we all saw and Rick Smith ignored. This is a very fixable situation and they could actually come out the other side of this in a pretty good position if they play it right.

8 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

If I remember correctly, Barnidge has concussion issues

I thought the same thing, but wasn't 100% sure. I actually think it was Jordan Cameron who had the concussion issues...

15 hours ago, dsorc said:

I think the priority at the moment will be bringing somebody that can dress up on Thursday. Expect us to bring up Bayliss from the PS and then look to sign somebody over the weekend.

A few of the guys on 610 felt as if Bayliss should have made the team over Anderson. 

We'll see.

Add this to the list of things that make no sense from a roster management perspective.  Will Fuller broke his freaking collarbone.  Recovery time is 6 to 16 weeks, but when you are 175 lbs and get tackled for a living, you gotta err on the longer side especially since clavicle injury restricts your ability to run and work out so you can plan on a few weeks to get back into game shape even after if heals.  Our bye week is week 7, so the only possible advantage to not putting him on IR to start the season is some off chance he has a miracle recovery which means pushing to have him play week 6 vs. the friggin Browns. WHY?  Why is God's name would you expose your #1 pick from last year to possible season ending reinjury and not give him the extra 2 weeks of recovery the bye affords.  Remember, new IR rules let us reactivate 2 players off IR this year so there was no reason to hold out for a more significant injury requiring the return slot.  I'm sensitive to getting Fido healthy after 2 concussions in quick succession (setting aside the question as to why he was playing so soon after one), but how is a broken collarbone NOT IR worthy and a concussion is?  I will eat my words if Will Fuller is somehow active and effective before mid October, but this is just another case of nonsensical roster management.  At the very least it also presents an opportunity to steal some young WR off someone's practice squad for a month and see if he's can provide a spark or see if McCarron or Chris Thompson can show something.  NFL rosters almost all carry 5-6 HEALTHY receivers.  We continue to operate with 4 and one of those is Andy Jones who's never played an NFL game.

Archived