• Z. Smith and P. Smith (GB)
    • Bosa and Ingram (LAC)
    • Boss and Ford (SF)
    • Griffen and Hunter (Min)
    • Watt and Dupree (Pit)
    • Other

On 12/22/2019 at 3:27 PM, Yin-Yang said:

Donald and Fowler

This is like that famous hockey question of who was the best scoring brothers in NHL history.

One option was like Gretzki + his brother, who played like 1 game in the NHL or something like that, and the other option was two very good NHL players. Obviously Gretzki won because he's Gretzki, just like this option is "Aaron Donald and <insert whoever you want here>".

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

55 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This is like that famous hockey question of who was the best scoring brothers in NHL history.

One option was like Gretzki + his brother, who played like 1 game in the NHL or something like that, and the other option was two very good NHL players. Obviously Gretzki won because he's Gretzki, just like this option is "Aaron Donald and <insert whoever you want here>".

I mean, Fowler only had a half sack less than Preston Smith, is tied with Bud Dupree, has more than Everson Griffen, has more than Melvin Ingram, and has more than Dee Ford. Three of those guys are one-hit wonders (like Fowler) and the other two are aging. So then you throw their partners into the mix and Donald is clearly ahead of them all, so...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

I mean, Fowler only had a half sack less than Preston Smith, is tied with Bud Dupree, has more than Everson Griffen, has more than Melvin Ingram, and has more than Dee Ford. Three of those guys are one-hit wonders (like Fowler) and the other two are aging. So then you throw their partners into the mix and Donald is clearly ahead of them all, so...

Yeah because most (if not all) of those duos are extremely lopsided. IMHO, when I think of tandems, I think Freeney/Mathis, Watt/Clowney, Harrison/Woodley, not Donald/<insert name here>.

So that's why I think the best duo is Griffen + Hunter, followed by Bosa/Ingram. I just don't really buy into the Dante Fowler 2019 season. He's never had over 4 sacks in a season since his 2nd year (2014) and then has 11.5 this year - that feels like a massive fluke to me.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah because most (if not all) of those duos are extremely lopsided. IMHO, when I think of tandems, I think Freeney/Mathis, Watt/Clowney, Harrison/Woodley, not Donald/<insert name here>.

So that's why I think the best duo is Griffen + Hunter, followed by Bosa/Ingram. I just don't really buy into the Dante Fowler 2019 season. He's never had over 4 sacks in a season since his 2nd year (2014) and then has 11.5 this year - that feels like a massive fluke to me.

Shrug. I feel Griffen at age 32, who’s coming off of two down years, and Melvin Ingram age 30 (31 by 2020 season), who’s also coming off two decent but no great years, aren’t head and shoulders over the one-hit-wonders. Not at this points in their careers. Donald however is head and shoulders over both Bosa and Hunter.

If this were Donald and Samson Ebukam, I’d agree with you. But Fowler is about where those 2nd rushers are at IMO. 

44 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Shrug. I feel Griffen at age 32, who’s coming off of two down years, and Melvin Ingram age 30 (31 by 2020 season), who’s also coming off two decent but no great years, aren’t head and shoulders over the one-hit-wonders. Not at this points in their careers. Donald however is head and shoulders over both Bosa and Hunter.

If this were Donald and Samson Ebukam, I’d agree with you. But Fowler is about where those 2nd rushers are at IMO. 

Fowler was pretty good last year with Donald. It’s all donald let’s keep it real and he’s goinh to get over paid nasty. But when put in a right environment he’s pretty nasty.