GDT - Week 2: Washington Redskins at Los Angeles Rams

Ghostnote

This will be a fun game to watch. I'll be there with friends wearing my number 44 Riggo Jersey lol.

I'm interested to see how Gruden adjusts. I know its an Oxymoron (settle down Bro's its not a drug for moron's ) to expect Gruden to adjust, but I am hoping so. I'd have a game plan featuring 80% passes, mostly quick passes, screens and flairs complimented by draws. Starting Chris Thompson offset in the backfield and have a spread lineup with reed split outside with Crowder on the opposite side and the two other WR's whoever they are split wide to each side of the field. It the ole "fun and gun" lol or what Washington State does now. And also go quick tempo, no huddle the whole game. We have a our best chance to win that way or we will get blown out 50-6 but I've always been a high risk/ high reward guy. Running the offense we did against the eagles in the first quarter is a recipe for a "Butt Whuppin"

Now on McVay's side I would run the ball 70% of the time and wear that defense out and sprinkle in some long passes from their QB. 

On 9/13/2017 at 7:35 PM, mike23md said:

If he knows this, then wouldn't our offense be better considering the last 2 seasons with Sean McVay calling the plays, the offense was above average?

Logic would say that Jay could call the plays just like McVay did. Should be seamless right?

we have new receivers on offense this year. give it some time to gel. you cant honestly think the RAMS offense will be better then ours....

8 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

we have new receivers on offense this year. give it some time to gel. you cant honestly think the RAMS offense will be better then ours....

Of course you can. Kirks play falls in line with McVays promotion in the organization. It's not shocking that he's suddenly looked pedestrian and Goff looked tremendous. Coaches are much more important than many people think. Not that I think McVay is some super genius but I do think he knows what buttons to push when it comes to QBs. 

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Of course you can. Kirks play falls in line with McVays promotion in the organization. It's not shocking that he's suddenly looked pedestrian and Goff looked tremendous. Coaches are much more important than many people think. Not that I think McVay is some super genius but I do think he knows what buttons to push when it comes to QBs. 

mcvay is overrated and our loss to the eagles and Rams easy opponent has shadowed the fact that we played a tough division game against a team that was hungry to beat our winning streak against them.

I will agree to one thing that you said before which was the success of Kirk was from Jackson and Garcon .. I can start to agree on that but our chemistry is new with Pryor. Do you seriously believe Norman can't **** Watkins down or Copp? Who's there TE? There's Ol isn't good either lol 

mcvay is a 31 year old coach who will be fired by year 2 or 3 the Rams won't win thy haven't proven anything yet Goff hasn't proven anything , Cousins made he probowl last year now is he inconsistent ? Yes but I rather take a guy that shown to be gold vs a still unknown Goff

On 9/13/2017 at 9:03 AM, mike23md said:

Without Aaron Donald, that defense does not look half as scary. 

I have some bad news for you:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000844508/article/aaron-donald-fast-and-fresh-in-return-to-practice

McVay said he anticipates Donald suiting up against Washington, adding that if the behemoth plays, he will start the game -- with or without a new deal.

I'm not arguing that McVay is some wunderkind that's going to take the league by storm. My point was he knows how to develop QBs. It's the same reason I've wanted to hire Wade Phillips because he turns every defense into a top 5 defense. Coaches have an impact Dash, they just do. 

I thought losing Jackson and Garcon ment having Pryor and Doctson being smoothed out .

instead we had a injured Reed and Crowder .. people don't realize something. If you are injured you are limited and can't run full speed , Crowder hip was limiting him and Reed had a bad toe injury .. obviously we start these guys because when your rushing you don't feel anything just like if you where in a fight .

so Gruden was aware of that and played conservative ... I don't blame him ... I will say he should of sat Reed down for a proven Davis .

this week with a healthier O you will see the offense better .. we had our 3 important players injured  .

5 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

mcvay is overrated and our loss to the eagles and Rams easy opponent has shadowed the fact that we played a tough division game against a team that was hungry to beat our winning streak against them.

I will agree to one thing that you said before which was the success of Kirk was from Jackson and Garcon .. I can start to agree on that but our chemistry is new with Pryor. Do you seriously believe Norman can't **** Watkins down or Copp? Who's there TE? There's Ol isn't good either lol 

mcvay is a 31 year old coach who will be fired by year 2 or 3 the Rams won't win thy haven't proven anything yet Goff hasn't proven anything , Cousins made he probowl last year now is he inconsistent ? Yes but I rather take a guy that shown to be gold vs a still unknown Goff

Norman might be able to shut Watkins down. He's a hell of a CB. But who is going to shut Cooper Kupp down? Who is going to shut Robert Woods down? The Rams actually have weapons now. It's kind of crazy. As for our TEs, we play Higbee and Everett. Everett is still coming along, but McVay wasn't full of it when he said he looks like a Jordan Reed clone.

As for our OL, I don't really know what to make of it. Preseason means nothing. But it's actually been remarkably consistent in pass protection thus far. It just sucks at run blocking. Whitworth has really changed the unit. Goff hasn't been pressured much at all this year. Bosa is the only guy who has given us any issues if you count the preseason.

As for McVay, I bet on him being around for quite awhile. Jeff Fisher lasted 5 years. McVay actually looks like a guy who is good at his job.

24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

After watching Jeff Fisher's gaggle of buffoons, McVay sure looks like an offensive super-genius to me. His passing concepts, situational play-calling, and ability to play to his guys' strengths have all stood out.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Norman might be able to shut Watkins down. He's a hell of a CB. But who is going to shut Cooper Kupp down? Who is going to shut Robert Woods down? The Rams actually have weapons now. It's kind of crazy. As for our TEs, we play Higbee and Everett. Everett is still coming along, but McVay wasn't full of it when he said he looks like a Jordan Reed clone.

As for our OL, I don't really know what to make of it. Preseason means nothing. But it's actually been remarkably consistent in pass protection thus far. It just sucks at run blocking. Whitworth has really changed the unit. Goff hasn't been pressured much at all this year. Bosa is the only guy who has given us any issues if you count the preseason.

As for McVay, I bet on him being around for quite awhile. Jeff Fisher lasted 5 years. McVay actually looks like a guy who is good at his job.

After watching Jeff Fisher's gaggle of buffoons, McVay sure looks like an offensive super-genius to me. His passing concepts, situational play-calling, and ability to play to his guys' strengths have all stood out.

The issue with McVay starts when a team figures out his playcalling tendencies. He can become very predictable and gets away from the run game way too early. But like I said, he's going to do wonders for Goffs development. I honestly believe he's the reason Kirk Cousins is still in the NFL and starting. He's a tremendous QBs coach and I do hope for you guys he ends up just being a tremendous all around coach. He's a good dude and I'll be happy to see him succeed. 

10 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I thought losing Jackson and Garcon ment having Pryor and Doctson being smoothed out .

instead we had a injured Reed and Crowder .. people don't realize something. If you are injured you are limited and can't run full speed , Crowder hip was limiting him and Reed had a bad toe injury .. obviously we start these guys because when your rushing you don't feel anything just like if you where in a fight .

so Gruden was aware of that and played conservative ... I don't blame him ... I will say he should of sat Reed down for a proven Davis .

this week with a healthier O you will see the offense better .. we had our 3 important players injured  .

Jackson is arguably the most dangerous deep threat the league has ever seen and Garçon was pretty damn dependable. We downgraded considerably and I have no idea why fans didn't see this coming? 

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I'm not arguing that McVay is some wunderkind that's going to take the league by storm. My point was he knows how to develop QBs. It's the same reason I've wanted to hire Wade Phillips because he turns every defense into a top 5 defense. Coaches have an impact Dash, they just do. 

O I agree I wanted Wade Phillips to especially from his success from the Texans and the Broncos ! 

I mean who would want Barry or Jim Haslett! No doubt in my mind if we had Wade phillips in 2015-2016 we could of been in the second round of the playoff our offense was pretty good! All we needed was just a ten point difference on d heck even 5 points ! 

Munsky is an upgrade from haz/Barry... obviously my choice would of been Wade ... but Munsky did good week 1 ? Loved how our D played . Offense tho ?By far the worst since john beck.

Archived