GDT - Week 2: Washington Redskins at Los Angeles Rams

Ghostnote

25 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He had 1 catch for 7 yards last week. Now unless he got hurt I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's being phased out. He's a gadget player and simply doesn't have the size or the talent of an Antonio Brown to make up for it. Obviously Jrry32 can answer that better but he just doesn't seem to be anywhere close to what the Rams anticipated when drafting him. 

It was one week. You're going to base an entire season off a one week sample size?

McVay will find out how to use him and I'm certain using him in the slot like Crowder is used will turn him into a good receiver.

Yes, he did only have 510 receiving yards last year but he had 58 receptions which, is Crowder type #s. If he had a better passing offensive coordinator and a qb hitting him in stride and with better ball placement he'd average 2 or 3 more yards per reception. So w/ a better coordinator & qb, then that 510 yards into 650 or more.

Definitely overdrafted by a half a round or a full round. Im a WVU alum and I was shocked Austin went 10th overall. He's an all around great talent, but he's not a #1 wr and if a guy doesn't have the potential to ever be a #1 wr he shouldn't go in the first round IMHO.

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don't need agree with JP. I think Doc is just testing it.

If I see one more behind the scene picture before he catches his first TD I'm probably going to lose my mind lol!!! This is beginning to sound like a Bigfoot and ghost hunt!!!! Like there's a sign here a sign there but you just never actually see the thing pop out on camera lol

It's not Crowder-type numbers because Crowder nearly had 1K yards with two other guys having over 1K yards. Austin Vs Crowder isn't even fair at this point. Crowder is light years better then Austin. Crowder had more receiving yards in his rookie season than Austin had in his best season. Austin is not a good receiver. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It's not Crowder-type numbers because Crowder nearly had 1K yards with two other guys having over 1K yards. Austin Vs Crowder isn't even fair at this point. Crowder is light years better then Austin. Crowder had more receiving yards in his rookie season than Austin had in his best season. Austin is not a good receiver. 

Again, in Jeff Fisher's offense and without a qb capable of throwing for 5,000 yards and 30 TDs throwing him the ball.

Boys you know I'd never disrespect the Redskins cheerleaders ( unless they got off on that) :) but if this game were between the cheerleaders the Rams win 99-6. Beautiful, tall, greeting you when you enter the stadium- all with just that edgy top quality stripper feel ( the one that makes you feel you are the only guy in the world and you say- " sure you can have everything in my wallet")  

docs rule 26- don't  keep all  your money in your wallet

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Again, in Jeff Fisher's offense and without a qb capable of throwing for 5,000 yards and 30 TDs throwing him the ball.

And his first week under McVay resulted in 1 catch for 7 yards. This is his fifth season and he has 200 more yards receiving in his career than Crowder. There is no comparison. If you suck so bad as a receiver that they have to start using you as a RB I'd say you're a bust. And yes, Austin is a bust. 

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And his first week under McVay resulted in 1 catch for 7 yards. This is his fifth season and he has 200 more yards receiving in his career than Crowder. There is no comparison. If you suck so bad as a receiver that they have to start using you as a RB I'd say you're a bust. And yes, Austin is a bust. 

Let's see what he does after a full season with McVay. 

He didn't suck so bad at wr that they moved him to RB they did it because they had injuries at RB a few years ago and to use his versatility. 

Archived