GDT - Week 2: Washington Redskins at Los Angeles Rams

Ghostnote

38 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Basically all of us except for one person is expecting us to lose. I don't know why you're acting like we're all bashing the Rams? Lol

I'm not acting like that. I said in general people are saying the Rams looked good because it was the Colts without Luck. But I know you all aren't bashing the Rams. A lot of you make sense about what to expect in the game because it's gonna be interesting to say the least and I can't wait till tomorrow to watch it.

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Basically all of us except for one person is expecting us to lose. I don't know why you're acting like we're all bashing the Rams? Lol

I think we will lose tbh .. I think our first victory will be randomly against the raiders or chiefs because that's the redskins thing to do.

6 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I'm not acting like that. I said in general people are saying the Rams looked good because it was the Colts without Luck. But I know you all aren't bashing the Rams. A lot of you make sense about what to expect in the game because it's gonna be interesting to say the least and I can't wait till tomorrow to watch it.

I mean the colts roster pretty bad dude but atleast you said a FG win I can respect that .

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I guess you mean Lauvao? Other than that I can't think of anyone.

I honestly am fine ATM with the defense I like Norman a lot I feel like with Breeland healthy and Fuller progressed with a young depth of defensive players I'm good with the roster .

at wideout we might have to sign another starter which is fine but our Ol has been good and has been young if anything our roster fine with some improvements but if Kirk plays well than our sorrows as fans will stop.

Why might we be worried?

1. The Redskins offense is broken down jalopy that looks completely out of sorts.
  2. The Skins have no semblance of a running game.
  3. The Rams defense was already formidable last year. And they went and added one of the best defensive coordinators in the game.
  4. Oh, and their best defensive player decided to stop his holdout just in time to play this Sunday.
  5. Points #3 and #4 make point #2 a real problem for the Skins offensive line, which has looked like swiss cheese so far this season (both in preseason and in Week 1).
  6. The former OC (and perhaps real quarterback whisperer) is now the opposition's head coach.
  7. The Rams rookie QB that everyone panned last year now looks to be competent (see point #6).
  8. The Rams now have competent weapons on offense surrounding said QB unlike under the Fisher regime.
  9. The Redskins are traveling to the West Coast. Traditionally, teams have not fared well when they do the three timezone switch.

That's just off the top of my head. Anyone else got anything?

16 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

i mean your acting like the Rams are better than the eagles or are an elite team ... there just like us ATM except our roster slightly better than there's .

thats the honest truth 

The Rams might be better than the Eagles. The Redskins might be a bad team. The Rams might be a great team. The Redskins might be a great team. The Rams might be a bad team. We've only had one week of action. Nobody really knows. Neither of our teams have a proven elite QB. Neither of us have any idea how good our team is. We're two of the many in this league that could end up anywhere from picking top 10 to in the playoffs.

What I can say is that if you think you're playing the 2016 Rams, you're sorely mistaken. Jeff Fisher is no longer the HC. Rob Boras is no longer the OC. The Rams actually have WRs now. And the Rams OL has gotten fortified a bit. This Rams team has an offense. I don't know how good of an offense, but it's not the same team as last year that couldn't find the end-zone with a map and a compass. And Wade Phillips is Wade Phillips.

As for the Redskins roster being better, that's debatable. I'm actually curious where you see the clear advantages for the Redskins' roster (other than at QB).

On 9/15/2017 at 7:17 AM, lavar703 said:

I'm in the wait and see approach now with Preston Smith. He was pretty good Sunday and should've had a couple sacks. Maybe he's turned the corner but who knows? Probably the main reason I didn't understand taking Ryan Anderson when we had a good amount of depth at that position but it's all good. 

It's not that I don't think Smith can be a good player and has talent, it's that we passed on a really talented NT, and two ILBs with pro bowl potential for a DE/OLB who by most accounts was raw with a lot of potential and had a questionable motor. I always felt we overdrafted Smith, just like Scherff. We didn't draft either by a full round or anything, but in each case I think there were better players available that we passed on. I was absolutely shocked when we took each player! Shocked ? ?:o

On 9/14/2017 at 9:09 PM, lavar703 said:

I agree to an extent. They needed to let one of them go, both though was beyond moronic. You can't simply let every receiver your QB has a repore with go due to some perceived potential of a young receiver ie Doctson. You think they would've learned this lesson after the Matt Jones debacle but I digress. 

Do you think they wanted to return? I realize we didn't try to retain Djax or Garcon, but I don't think they wanted to return either. Also, they did get large contracts considering their age and we decided to go younger and cheaper at wr while we spent more $ rebuilding our defense - for once - I understand it was a gamble but we did needed to spend more $ on our defense if we were going to be better than what we were in 15 & 16.

Also, we didn't let every receiver go that Cousins has a repore with, we still have Crowder, Reed, Davis, Grant and Thompson. The thought in not retaining Djax and Garcon was, we get younger at WR and while it's going to be a step back, it won't be a huge step back and we'll improve our defense with free agent acquisitions at the same time. Our defense looked improved vs the Eagles minus a few plays and not being able to cover Ertz - a wr in a TEs body - our passing game is going to take time to get in sync, but I don't think it's as far off from being good or great as you might think. There were open wrs that Cousins passed on last week that he usually sees and hits right away and his accuracy was off - which generally happens with him early in the season for some reason - but I expect him to see the mistakes he made on film and correct them.

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

The Rams might be better than the Eagles. The Redskins might be a bad team. The Rams might be a great team. The Redskins might be a great team. The Rams might be a bad team. We've only had one week of action. Nobody really knows. Neither of our teams have a proven elite QB. Neither of us have any idea how good our team is. We're two of the many in this league that could end up anywhere from picking top 10 to in the playoffs.

What I can say is that if you think you're playing the 2016 Rams, you're sorely mistaken. Jeff Fisher is no longer the HC. Rob Boras is no longer the OC. The Rams actually have WRs now. And the Rams OL has gotten fortified a bit. This Rams team has an offense. I don't know how good of an offense, but it's not the same team as last year that couldn't find the end-zone with a map and a compass. And Wade Phillips is Wade Phillips.

As for the Redskins roster being better, that's debatable. I'm actually curious where you see the clear advantages for the Redskins' roster (other than at QB).

QB - lets realize that how Cousins played vs the Eagles 240 yds, 1 TD & 1 int - is his FLOOR! Not his ceiling. 

Jordan Reed & Vernon Davis are both better than your starting TE.

While I think Trumaine Johnson is a great corner, I think it's pretty clear the Redskins have a better group of corners with Norman, Breeland and Fuller.

Our offensive line is better. We had one player who had a really bad game last week - Morgan Moses - but our All-Pro LT had a great game as well as our pro bowl RG and our other two interior OL played at what they are - average.

Archived