::Philadelphia Flyers Thread:: Carter Hart <3

Hockey5djh

59 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

So...Roster cut awesomeness.

Last cut was down to Weise, Lehtera, and Leier....we cut Leier.....AND WEISE!!

Lehtera is going to be a press box mainstay and we claimed Pickard from Toronto for back-up duty until Neuvy gets back from injury.

Good call on Vorobyev for 3C.  Kinda thought he'd need another year but he looked like he belongs in camp.  

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

So...Roster cut awesomeness.

Last cut was down to Weise, Lehtera, and Leier....we cut Leier.....AND WEISE!!

Lehtera is going to be a press box mainstay and we claimed Pickard from Toronto for back-up duty until Neuvy gets back from injury.

It also sounds like Lehtera is going to be 4C on opening night with Weal in the box.  ¬¬

1 hour ago, flyers0909 said:

Good call on Vorobyev for 3C.  Kinda thought he'd need another year but he looked like he belongs in camp.  

Yea, Vorobyev got it done during camp/preseason. Although I'm kinda confused about him centering a third line of JvR and Simmer on Saturday. I guess the concept is to keep Lindblom with Patrick?

1 hour ago, flyers0909 said:

It also sounds like Lehtera is going to be 4C on opening night with Weal in the box.  ¬¬

Yea, I severely dislike that if true. Laughton should be 4C centering Raffl and Weal. I get it that Lehtera is a better PK then those wingers but at least they're not a total liability at 5 on 5 like Lehtera.

3 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

I will never understand his love for him. Weal should be in the lineup.

I think goalie is going to be an issue (again) this year. 

14 hours ago, mm6492 said:

I will never understand his love for him. Weal should be in the lineup.

I think goalie is going to be an issue (again) this year. 

He's a better PK player than Weal, that's really the only reason.

....and yes, goalie will definitely be an issue again. Hopefully Elliot can stay healthy and provide solid goaltending.

After getting spanked by SJ and recovering against Ottawa I think this team is what we thought it was, a younger team that has some work to do.

Thoughts:

- Ghost and Provy have been atrocious so far this year which is why we've been giving out goals like candy
- Sanheim and Hagg have stepped it up this season, hopefully they can keep it going.
- I'm not sure the Ginger genocide line at the top is going to last but might as well enjoy it while we have it
- Weise and Lehtera have roles on this team.....but I hate that they have roles.
- Hopefully Patrick gets back soon because Lehtera as the 2C could get ugly fast.

• 2 weeks later...

How many ******* times will this coach put simmonds with Giroux before he realized simmonds drags that line down at ES. Konecny has the 4th lowest ice time tonight, does this brain dead idiot not remember how dominant G Coots TK was last year? 

This is just awful hockey. The whole coaching staff needs to go tonight. 

11 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

How many ******* times will this coach put simmonds with Giroux before he realized simmonds drags that line down at ES. Konecny has the 4th lowest ice time tonight, does this brain dead idiot not remember how dominant G Coots TK was last year? 

This is just awful hockey. The whole coaching staff needs to go tonight. 

Yea I only watched part of it. Its the early season growing pains where he pretends like players could have changed over the offseason. In his defense the Lindblom-Weal-TK line was flying the last couple games and the Patrick line was the best line of the night last night. That said TK or Voracek need to be on the top line because you don't want to drag those guys down with Simmer up there not driving play.

I'll be shocked if Vorobyev isn't out of the press box in place of Weal next game who can't seem to stay out of the penalty box. It was almost excusable when his line was killing it but they were quiet last night.

If I'm Hak my lines next game are as follows:

G - Coots - TK
Laughton - Patrick - Voracek
Lindblom - Vorobyev - Simmer
Raffl (if healthy) - Lehtera - Weise

Also we really need to figure out the PK, it sucks again.

Edited by Hockey5djh

36 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

One positive from last night was that after 4 or 5 straight awesome games from Sanheim he finally got rewarded and played the 2nd most time at 5v5.  He's looked so good. 

I was talking to one of my buddies the other day, the #freesanheim movement is in full effect and paying dividends. Dude has the skill set of a top 2 defenseman just needs to keep developing.