Week 17 GDT: Jets @ Bills

Trentwannabe

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

And? That doesn't really change what I said. I would imagine that also has to do with Kroft being healthy

Well, if his offensive snap count is decreasing, it seems like it would be less likely that our increasingly effective running game was being aided by Smith. If he's not on the field to block, how is he responsible for that improvement?

Just now, Yibbyl said:

Well, if his offensive snap count is decreasing, it seems like it would be less likely that our increasingly effective running game was being aided by Smith. If he's not on the field to block, how is he responsible for that improvement?

I mean Devin Singletary is the main reason our run game has improved throughout the year. But at the beginning when Gore was the main guy, it was Smith as a 6th OL that aided big time. 

16 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Lee Smith is one of the main reasons we can run the ball so well.

lee smith played 2 snaps in the pats game, 2 in the baltimore game 7 in the miami game. So to say hes the main reason for the run game being well is a stretch. He has also cost the bills several drives because of holding or false starts. He is not worth playing nor is kroft. One of those can be inactive if you want a big bodied wr in Duke.

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

lee smith played 2 snaps in the pats game, 2 in the baltimore game 7 in the miami game. So to say hes the main reason for the run game being well is a stretch. He has also cost the bills several drives because of holding or false starts. He is not worth playing nor is kroft. One of those can be inactive if you want a big bodied wr in Duke.

See my previous post. 

Devin Singletary is the reason we run the ball well now. I was talking about the beginning of the year. 

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

Also anyone who tells me McKenzie offers more than Duke is getting muted lol

I have been wanting him active for games for several weeks now. Duke has 108 yards so far, but I wish he had done better than 50%...12 targets, 6 catches. That's not helping his case IMO, though I did see 2 poorly thrown balls in those 6 incompletions.

Just now, Yibbyl said:

I have been wanting him active for games for several weeks now. Duke has 108 yards so far, but I wish he had done better than 50%...12 targets, 6 catches. That's not helping his case IMO, though I did see 2 poorly thrown balls in those 6 incompletions.

Yeah I was going to say I can think of two off the top of my head that were thrown into the ground. That drop on 3rd down is the one that will stick with him.

8 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

See my previous post. 

Devin Singletary is the reason we run the ball well now. I was talking about the beginning of the year. 

7 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Also anyone who tells me McKenzie offers more than Duke is getting muted lol

Yea I dont care about lee smith he is a wasted spot just like Kroft that can go to yeldon and/or duke. Yeldon has proved his quickness and should be involved in the offense as much as duke did today. This jets team is garbage so I cant be wow'd by duke performance he did decent today against a nonexistent DB Corps. He dropped that cake ball that stalled the offense which is something that has been an issue for the bills this year, they need a reliable guy. Im not saying Duke does not have a chance at being active next week or even get snaps but the fact is mckenzie is out there for multiple reasons that are based around the run game. If they think Duke can be as big of an impact as he was today and if Roberts is good to go next week then I can see Mckenzie taking a seat while Foster takes over that role of doing the sweeps as he has the speed to do so.