Who will be every teams starting QB next season?

BayRaider

On 12/28/2019 at 1:24 PM, RamblinMan99 said:

I wouldn't count Tampa Bay out.  

They're having a lot of problems with Jameis Winston, and trading him away is a possibility.   

However, Bruce Arians wanted to work with Winston since he reminded him a lot of Ben Roethlisberger (which the similarities are there). 

That's why I don't see that happening.  

But, if Tampa were to part ways with Winston,  that would give Brady a lot of opportunity.  

He'd have both Chris Godwin and Mike Evans, and Brady would probably like Bruce's play action centered offense.  

That could work.  

Except that Arians' system wants a gunslinger who will stand in vs. pressure, and make the 50-50 throws.   That's not Brady anymore.  

I could see IND & LAC.  IND needs more WR talent, but they've got cap space and their entire draft arsenal.   LAC needs a better OL (like 3 starters) - but they have the 1.6 spot.     Both teams also were double-digit winners in 2018, and both have their core intact.   That's exactly the type of team Brady is looking for.  

Edited by Broncofan

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Except that Arians' system wants a gunslinger who will stand in vs. pressure, and make the 50-50 throws.   That's not Brady anymore.  

This is exactly why the "Bucs should sign Andy Dalton/Teddy Bridgewater/Game manager" takes are funny to me. No, Winston isn't a good QB. But he's one of the few guys the Bucs can get that can actually run Arians offense. They don't do checkdowns in Tampa, those are deep routes. You can't be a game manager and run Arians' scheme.

This is why I think even though Winston isn't good, he still has leverage in contract negotiations with the Bucs. Their only real alternative is trading the farm into the top 5 for a QB.

Edited by Hukos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Fromm is not getting past day two. He’s a perfect fit on NE and NO. 

Fromm is terrible. All he ever did at Georgia was cost his team in big games and be a major liability. No thank you.

Edited by Elky