Tony Brown CB

mwalker

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

i say Burns though because he is a waste of a roster spot.

defensively I would agree, but on ST he might make a play once in a while. But for armchair GM here, I would opt for the better defender and hope he can play ST comparably as good.  Burns  never got going here, it just didn't work out.  Maybe he will catch on to a team that will get more success from his defensive play, perhaps better coaches and a different scheme.

On 2019-12-30 at 10:24 AM, wwhickok said:

Or of me wonders what would have happened if we had had Tom Bradley and Teryl Austin in his rookie year instead of carnell Lake

coaching could be to blame, but I'll never forget that TD he allowed int he bungles game, I could have covered better  than that, and lets say I'm not exactly in shape or athletic in 2019 ¬¬. He might need a change of scenery , coaches and scheme.  It didn't wok here at all, he had one decent season, comparable to a CB3 on most teams at best, yet was a RD1 pick here and another waste of a RD1 pick by colbert

On 2019-12-30 at 10:17 AM, August4th said:

sad how far burns fell off. legit forgot he was on the team this yr, he looked promising in his rookie yr

this could be relative, as in comparing to what we had at CB. This team had some of the worst CB play in the league for a while ( even taylor was the CB1 yet couldn't catch a cold) , it was sickening to watch, and I questioned myself for tolerating it during several games. 

• 3 weeks later...

Brown would be a nice signing but he struggles playing the ball in coverage. He’s blazing fast but has issues locating the ball ala many Alabama CBs. His bravado is  more than his game as he is a trash talker and has a huge persona ala Deion Sanders which is a turn off.