You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

His own personal statistics would have to come into play as well. Carr can't win and doesn't produce. We put up 14.5 ppg and went 1-5 with the playoffs on the line during the final 6 games of the season. Carr is a scrub son. 

Also why is that Amari Cooper was very good with pre-injury Carr and Dak? And the only time he sucked was with post injury DC? But it must just be his fault. DC couldn't ever do anything wrong. 

Cooper is dependent on other stars to take the heat off him, what is not clear about that? 

He can not be the focal point of an O to have success.  He faces single coverage all of the time in Dallas where Dak is protected by an elite Oline, has an elite RB who is the focal point of that O and the player D coordinators game plan against, plays alongside Gallup who is a very good WR.  Cooper can not do it by himself which was evident in Oakland.  You calling him and Crabs number 1 WR's shows me you know nothing about football.   

All of that being said Cooper still pulls a Houdini act in most of his games.  He had 4 100 yard games in 2019 and in the other 12 games averaged 50 YPG.  You call that elite SMH?  

You would trade a 1st round pick and and him 20 million per season?  Please tell me you have enough sense to recognize we fleeced the Cowboys on that deal LOL

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

And a 1:1 td int ratio

You're saying HOF Qb Dan Fouts is an average QB LOL..  Once again you clearly have zero clue as to what you are talking about and want to cherry pick stats to fit your rediclious narrative.  I bet you have never seen Dan Fouts take a snap in your life and want to comment on if he is a good QB or not.  The guy had to put up 40 a game to contend with that terrible SD D he had to play with.  

The reason I am using Fouts as an example is because he had a terrible supporting cast just like Carr does and you fools are trying to pin wins and losses on QB when you're completly clueless when it comes to football.  Keep watching NFL network for your information, cherry picking highlights and vomiting nonsense on people who actually understand the game...  I find it amusing xD

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You're saying HOF Qb Dan Fouts is an average QB LOL..  Once again you clearly have zero clue as to what you are talking about and want to cherry pick stats to fit your rediclious narrative.  I bet you have never seen Dan Fouts take a snap in your life and want to comment on if he is a good QB or not.  

The reason I am using Fouts as an example is because he had a terrible supporting cast just like Carr does and you fools are trying to pin wins and losses on QB when you're completly clueless when it comes to football.  Keep watching NFL network for your information, cherry picking highlights and vomiting nonsense on people who actually understand the game...  I find it amusing xD

Compare brad’s 1999 year to fouts 1979 Mr qb guru

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Winston aka Ol' Crab legs is a bum.  Give me a break.  

Go back to football 101 with your trash knowledge.  

Do you even know what happened to fouts in 1979 especially the playoffs?

i was born in 81 so I had to look it up and yes I stand by my statement I personally think fouts is one of the most overrated hof qbs. 

warren moon is another hof qb I’m meh about but I think the cfl got his best years 

28 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Cooper is dependent on other stars to take the heat off him, what is not clear about that? 

He can not be the focal point of an O to have success.  He faces single coverage all of the time in Dallas where Dak is protected by an elite Oline, has an elite RB who is the focal point of that O and the player D coordinators game plan against, plays alongside Gallup who is a very good WR.  Cooper can not do it by himself which was evident in Oakland.  You calling him and Crabs number 1 WR's shows me you know nothing about football.   

All of that being said Cooper still pulls a Houdini act in most of his games.  He had 4 100 yard games in 2019 and in the other 12 games averaged 50 YPG.  You call that elite SMH?  

You would trade a 1st round pick and and him 20 million per season?  Please tell me you have enough sense to recognize we fleeced the Cowboys on that deal LOL

Cooper has been a top 10 WR throughout most of his career buddy.  Cooper put up 1,000+ yards here his first two seasons and produced at a top 10 level as a second year player. He didn't have an elite team around him then. The only thing that was evident here was that he was a top 10 level guy with pre-injury Carr, mediocre with post injury Carr, and then a top 10 level guy again with Dallas. There's literally no denying it, the stats prove it. 

You call Cooper a Houdini act but then all of you guys are calling for us to target guys like OBJ, who had almost 3x as many games under 50 yards than he did over 100 yards. Is he inconsistent and not a #1 WR too? Give me a break. 

And I have never called Michael Crabtree a #1 WR. But to call a guy that has produced at a top 10 level in 3 of 4 seasons (with the only non top 10 season being with post-injury Carr) is ridiculous. 

At this point it's just time to accept that Carr is Andy Dalton 2.0. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Amari Cooper with pre-injury Derek Carr averages per season: 78 receptions, 1,111 yards (14.3 avg), 6 TD

Amari Cooper with post-injury Derek Carr averages per season: 53 receptions 710 yards (13.1 avg), 5 TD

Amari Cooper with Dallas averages per season: 86 receptions, 1,238 yards (14.3 avg), 9 TD

Another weird narrative that the Carr thumpers keep trying to support. Cooper has been a 1,000+ yard guy in 4 of his 5 NFL seasons. The only season he failed to put up 1,000+ yards was in 2017 playing with the new weenie version of Derek Carr. He was top 10 in receiving yards in 2016, averaged 48 ypg with post injury Carr, and then gets to Dallas and produces at a top 10 level again for the last season and a half. Cooper has shown he can and will consistently be in the top 10 for yards and TD. How is he not a #1 WR??? 

Gruden and Co. ships out Cooper for a 1st.  Cooper gets benched in the 4th against the Eagles for Austin due to poor play and you continually pump the narrative that he is an elite #1 LOL

You're trying to tell me you know more about Cooper than the coaches who see him play everyday?  When does a elite #1 WR get benched during arguably the Cowboys most important game of the season? 

We fleeced Dallas for a media hyped, number 2 WR. We got a 1st rounder and they are stuck with a 20 million dollar #2.  

https://sportsnaut.com/2019/12/cowboys-reportedly-benched-amari-cooper-for-poor-performance/

30 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Julio Jones had 6 100 yard games and in the other 10 games he averaged 60 ypg. 

OBJ had 2 100 yard games and in the other 14 games he averaged 55 ypg. 

DeAndre Hopkins had 5 100 yard games and in the other 10 games averaged 59 ypg. 

Keenan Allen had 2 100 yard games and in the other 14 averaged 63 ypg.

I guess none of the dudes are good either, am I right? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Gruden and Co. ships out Cooper for a 1st.  Cooper gets benched in the 4th against the Eagles for Austin due to poor play and you continually pump the narrative that he is an elite #1 LOL

You're trying to tell me you know more about Cooper than the coaches who see him play everyday?  When does a elite #1 WR get benched during arguably the Cowboys most important game of the season? 

We fleeced Dallas for a media hyped, number 2 WR. We got a 1st rounder and they are stuck with a 20 million dollar #2.  

https://sportsnaut.com/2019/12/cowboys-reportedly-benched-amari-cooper-for-poor-performance/

I never said he was an elite #1 but he's definitely a #1 WR. He'll consistently be an 1,100+ yard and 8-10+ TD guy. There are like a handful of other guys that can produce at a similar level. And as I highlighted above, most good WR have a few huge games and then produce at a similar level to Cooper. So if Cooper sucks than guys like Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, and OBJ must also suck and not be worth much. Right? 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I never said he was an elite #1 but he's definitely a #1 WR. He'll consistently be an 1,100+ yard and 8-10+ TD guy. There are like a handful of other guys that can produce at a similar level. And as I highlighted above, most good WR have a few huge games and then produce at a similar level to Cooper. So if Cooper sucks than guys like Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, and OBJ must also suck and not be worth much. Right? 

Why was elite #1 "top 10 WR" benched during one of the most critical games of the Cowboys season for T Austin?

Julio and NUK are elite #1's, there is no debating that but to lump Cooper into the category of those studs is downright laughable.  

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Why was elite #1 "top 10 WR" benched during one of the most critical games of the Cowboys season for T Austin?

Julio and NUK are elite #1's, there is no debating that but to lump Cooper into the category of those studs is downright laughable.  

Why haven't the Cowboys won a playoff game in like a decade? Poor coaching. 

The numbers don't like, Hopkins and Julio both had a few dominant games and then produced around 60 ypg. Cooper had a few dominant games and then produced around 50 ypg. He's a #1 WR and there's a reason he has produced at a top 10 level 3 of the last 4 seasons. Again, the only season he has struggled was 2017 with Carr when he began to suck. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Julio Jones had 6 100 yard games and in the other 10 games he averaged 60 ypg. 

OBJ had 2 100 yard games and in the other 14 games he averaged 55 ypg. 

DeAndre Hopkins had 5 100 yard games and in the other 10 games averaged 59 ypg. 

Keenan Allen had 2 100 yard games and in the other 14 averaged 63 ypg.

I guess none of the dudes are good either, am I right? 

@Frankie2Gunz

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why haven't the Cowboys won a playoff game in like a decade? Poor coaching. 

The numbers don't like, Hopkins and Julio both had a few dominant games and then produced around 60 ypg. Cooper had a few dominant games and then produced around 50 ypg. He's a #1 WR and there's a reason he has produced at a top 10 level 3 of the last 4 seasons. Again, the only season he has struggled was 2017 with Carr when he began to suck. 

It all makes sense now.  It was Carr's fault he never trusted the great Cooper.  It was Grudens fault we traded the elite #1 in Cooper.  It was Dallas bad coaching the elite Cooper was benched during the most critical game of their season.  

All of that had nothing to do with the views of the people who watch him play everyday?  Where theres smoke theres fire...

You and the media anoint Cooper as this elite, dominant #1 (that you're comparing to Julio and NUK LOL) therefor he must be.  Get a clue and watch football, just dont post garbage and highlights.   

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If wins are all on QB's as you suggest then is Trent Dilfer a better QB than Dan Marino bc HE won a Super Bowl.  SMH

Do you have any idea as to how clueless you are?  

Why do you always come up with the same stupid comparisons that means nothing. Marino had 147 career wins to 93 losses. Didn't get the ultimate prize but still won lots of games. Carr can't even win games let alone talk about a Super Bowl.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You're saying HOF Qb Dan Fouts is an average QB LOL..  Once again you clearly have zero clue as to what you are talking about and want to cherry pick stats to fit your rediclious narrative.  I bet you have never seen Dan Fouts take a snap in your life and want to comment on if he is a good QB or not.  The guy had to put up 40 a game to contend with that terrible SD D he had to play with.  

But atleast he could put up 40 a game. If Carr did that we'd be in the playoffs right.