2020 - Join Total Control GM Mock Draft - Sign up today

ny92mike

49 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Been reading through your guidelines. Do you have a link the old team spreadsheets that are mentioned? Is that how we get cap assistance? Or are most people making them themselves?

I'm really thinking about trying to give this a go.

Let me know if I didn't fully address your questions or if this sparks new questions, this core group is very helpful to the new guys coming in.

So how this works is that everyone will receive their own "private" workbooks, typically 3 of them but this year I've reduced it down to two of them.  These workbooks, while not perfect will help you manage your teams salary cap as well as create contract bids to sign free agents.  I find that most new guys joining that it does take them a little bit to learn how to navigate through them, but after a bit you're moving through them like a pro.

I created a "how to video" a few years back to assist in navigation but unfortunately my mic was broken so no audio, and while the workbooks change a little bit every year, the basics stay the same.  Might give this a watch and feel free to use this copy to play around with the workbooks.  The bulk of the workbook is protected but many of the cells are set up so that you have editing rights to use drop down list and check boxes.

FOLLOW HYPERLINK FOR INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO FOR CREATING CONTRACT

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WEuWZjfvo2CoaxMewGmPkec9mnqlZ-9_YtlU8qheB7Y/edit?usp=sharing

This workbook isn't completely set up but should give you a better understanding.

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Don't go making it out to be more than it is...You'll force me to up my game and I'm too lazy to start doing that at my age.

I should be telling you not to make it out to be less than it is and we all appreciate it, that's why we keep coming back. That and we are all gluttons for punishment lol

• Like 2