Which game will be closer in points? Bills/Texans or Seahawks/Eagles?

mdonnelly21

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which game will be closer in points? 

• Bills/Texans
    • Eagles/Seahawks

10 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

I think Buffalo is straight up the better team and it isn't that close, unfortunately for Deshaun Watson.

I don't disagree that Buffalo will win (that's Bill O'Brien for you) but I don't think they're a straight up better team; Buffalo has a better secondary (MUCH better at that) but everywhere else? I give the nod to Houston.... Better LBs, better DL (especially with JJ Watt returning) better OL, better RB (or a push at the worst) better TEs, MUCH better WRs and better QB.

It'll still equate to a loss, but wanted to bring this up. The gap between Sean McDermott and Bill O'Brien is pretty significant, so it's a loss - but if you don't factor in McDermott and O'Brien, this isn't a contest.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't disagree that Buffalo will win (that's Bill O'Brien for you) but I don't think they're a straight up better team; Buffalo has a better secondary (MUCH better at that) but everywhere else? I give the nod to Houston.... Better LBs, better DL (especially with JJ Watt returning) better OL, better RB (or a push at the worst) better TEs, MUCH better WRs and better QB.

It'll still equate to a loss, but wanted to bring this up. The gap between Sean McDermott and Bill O'Brien is pretty significant, so it's a loss - but if you don't factor in McDermott and O'Brien, this isn't a contest.

I think an argument could be made that Milano and Edmunds trump the Texans LB group. I agree with everything else you've said. Buffalo is major overachievers at this point, a staple of McDermott's tenure. 

4 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think an argument could be made that Milano and Edmunds trump the Texans LB group. I agree with everything else you've said. Buffalo is major overachievers at this point, a staple of McDermott's tenure. 

Eh, I'll concede that I don't know enough about Milano and Edmunds - but I'll put McKinney, Cunningham and Mercilius up against any LB group in the NFL. 

The Texans have a top 10 defense, and they boast a secondary so bad it should be called a "thirdary". But, Cunningham might be the best 34 ILB in the game right now and McKinney has two All Pro nods under his belt - teams can't run on Houston because of those two guys. Mercilius isn't a dominant edge guy, but he's a capable #2 rusher and does all the dirty work on setting the edge against the run very well.

Due to my lack of knowledge on Buffalo's LB group, I can relent to a push - how does that sound?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

That's the thing, I don't think a 10-6 Buffalo team overachieved. They had an expected W/L of 9.8-6.2 and were 4-5 and one score games, whereas Houston had an expected W/L of 7.8-8.2 and a record of 8-3 in one score games. If you throw out the last game with the starters out for both teams the margin gets closer, but the Bills to me are the better team: More solid on the O-Line and a much better defense (Houston gave up 23.3 PPG, if you throw out the last game of the season, to Buffalo's 16.4 PPG). Houston played better down the stretch to make the playoffs, but winning 23-20 against TB and 24-21 against Tennessee and 27-24 over Oakland just isn't sustainable. 

25 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

That's the thing, I don't think a 10-6 Buffalo team overachieved. They had an expected W/L of 9.8-6.2 and were 4-5 and one score games, whereas Houston had an expected W/L of 7.8-8.2 and a record of 8-3 in one score games. If you throw out the last game with the starters out for both teams the margin gets closer, but the Bills to me are the better team: More solid on the O-Line and a much better defense (Houston gave up 23.3 PPG, if you throw out the last game of the season, to Buffalo's 16.4 PPG). Houston played better down the stretch to make the playoffs, but winning 23-20 against TB and 24-21 against Tennessee and 27-24 over Oakland just isn't sustainable. 

These numbers aren't taking into consideration that Buffalo has yet to beat a winning team (save for a W against a pre-Tannehill Titans team). They've played teams close, but their only win against a team with a .500 record was 8-8 Dallas.

Whereas the Texans hold wins against KC, New England, Tennessee (Tannehill) this season.

That has to account for something. 

45 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Eh, I'll concede that I don't know enough about Milano and Edmunds - but I'll put McKinney, Cunningham and Mercilius up against any LB group in the NFL. 

The Texans have a top 10 defense, and they boast a secondary so bad it should be called a "thirdary". But, Cunningham might be the best 34 ILB in the game right now and McKinney has two All Pro nods under his belt - teams can't run on Houston because of those two guys. Mercilius isn't a dominant edge guy, but he's a capable #2 rusher and does all the dirty work on setting the edge against the run very well.

Due to my lack of knowledge on Buffalo's LB group, I can relent to a push - how does that sound?

I can agree with this. I think it's also probably unfair to compare either unit with one being a 3-4 and the other a 4-3. 

• Like 1