Scott Turner named new OC

5 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Rappaport just tweeted Scott Turner is in to interview for the OC job today. Possible he gets the QB coach job. 
After the way it ended with papa Norv, does this mean Snyder’s showing he’ll stay out of Rivera’s way? 

Snyder wanted to bring back Gregg Williams as DC last year, so I imagine Norval's son isn't a huge deal in the scheme of things. 

I also have to say that I am impressed with how quickly this is moving.  It does seem that Rivera did his homework and has an idea of what he is looking for.  While other folks were determining the futures of their coordinators and head coaches, he was already putting lists together and setting up interviews.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RaykwonDaChef said:

Would be excited for Scott as our QB coach. KOC needs to remain the OC for Haskins but if he does well and gets a HC gig we have an inhouse replacement.

I don’t know why we wouldn’t just keep Tim Rattay as QBs coach if KOC is retained as offensive coordinator. Kevin and Tim worked together last year and I think worked well together as they both helped develop Haskins.

Edited by turtle28

On 1/3/2020 at 2:01 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

I also have to say that I am impressed with how quickly this is moving.  It does seem that Rivera did his homework and has an idea of what he is looking for.  While other folks were determining the futures of their coordinators and head coaches, he was already putting lists together and setting up interviews.  

Military background, extremely organized. 

30 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Grant Paulsen tweeting that besides KOC and Scott Turner, Pat Shurmur is the other name in the mix! 🤔 Not sure I’m happy with that possible selection. 

Shurmur is a good OC, and most importantly, outside of Rivera's coaching tree.  I'd love that hire more than a couple of names that have been floated so far that are previously connected to Rivera.  

15 minutes ago, RaykwonDaChef said:

I am okay with that as well but I feel the main reason coaches bring in their guys is for speed and Rivera doesn't have to learn a new person among all the other things.

As long as we keep KOC I'd be happy.

Great coaches are not afraid to ask around and seek advice from others to expand their coaching tree.  That is why I would like for O'Connell to get the job on merit, or for someone like Shurmur who hasn't been involved with Rivera to this point.  

38 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Feel the same way. I just wonder does KOC have them waiting or is he waiting on Rivera to name a guy for the position. 

O'Connell has to wait, he is under contract for one more season.  The only way he can do interviews is if the Redskins grant permission, or they hire someone and let him go.  

• Like 1