Scott Turner named new OC

The OC's job shouldn't be as much about developing the QB as it is developing a offense that can put up points. Jay Gruden for a while had the offense getting yards but they couldn't score TD's in the Redzone. That's my Biggest Concern with Turner as OC. POINTS win games not Yards. 

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

The OC's job shouldn't be as much about developing the QB as it is developing a offense that can put up points. Jay Gruden for a while had the offense getting yards but they couldn't score TD's in the Redzone. That's my Biggest Concern with Turner as OC. POINTS win games not Yards. 

That's bc after Brice? I guess it's being blamed on now, when he didn't re-sign Alfred Morris after 2014 and hired Callahan - which meant the end of the ZBS we ran from 2010-2014 when our run game was avg to great - our run game was awful and we couldn't run it in the red zone - or anywhere - which affected our ability to run for TDs & use play-action to get WRs open in the red zone.

9 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'm with Minight. Meh! I'm not thrilled about this, I would’ve rather kept O’Connell for at least one season. I understand Rivera wants his guys and knows he can trust Turner to run an offense like he wants but the Panthers offenseS lately - like since they last went to the playoffs - have been blah, average except for McCaffery and the Redskins’ offense last November and December was making strides under O’Connell. I’m afraid we’ll lose our creativity on offense w/o O’Connell.

Edited by turtle28

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That's bc after Brice? I guess it's being blamed on now, when he didn't re-sign Alfred Morris after 2014 and hired Callahan - which meant the end of the ZBS we ran from 2010-2014 when our run game was avg to great - our run game was awful and we couldn't run it in the red zone - or anywhere - which affected our ability to run for TDs & use play-action to get WRs open in the red zone.

What does that have to do with Turner? Your so busy tryna protect Jay you missed my point. Under Turner the Panthers offense only scored about 15 points per game. 

13 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

What does that have to do with Turner? Your so busy tryna protect Jay you missed my point. Under Turner the Panthers offense only scored about 15 points per game. 

You’re jumping to conclusions when you’re not inside my head. This doesn’t have anything to do with Gruden. Re-read what I wrote. Again, it’s about O’Connell and that our offense at the end of last year looked better than the Panthers has looked the last few years since they last went to the playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Looks like Rivera wanted his guys as position coaches and KOC wasn't having it.  It's Rivera's team, so I'm not bothered by it.

He’s going to end up developing Daniel Jones in NY 😩. I hope 🙏 Turner and Zampezie develop Haskins as well or better than O’Connell does developing Daniel Jones.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

He’s going to end up developing Daniel Jones in NY 😩. I hope 🙏 Turner and Zampezie develop Haskins as well or better than O’Connell does developing Daniel Jones.

Hard to develop a chronic turnover machine.  Jones will be Jameis Winston v2.

Anyway, I think he'll go to Cleveland.  McDaniels looks to be the favorite to land the HC gig right now.