Offseason Thread

Elky

Pats really need to make some moves on the offensive weapon front. Only guys worthy of looks left is Sanders and maybe Richardson. OBJ could be a trade target but would probably require giving up too much.

The TE pool is a laughing in FA and the draft, but there are some guys to target by trade that wouldn't require giving up what you would for a WR. 

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I thought they did or was reported he wont restructure. Maybe that changed since Dmac is back with Slater but doubt it.

That was last offseason and the report said he wasn’t willing to take a pay cut. Separate from a restructure. 

Ok Brady is gone, now what.

I say start trading players for draft picks. Hello Tampa how would you like Edelman,  no how about Sony or James White. Anyone want Hightower.  What else can I do to get draft picks.  I don't care if we win 1 game. We need a youth overhaul.  If we suck, there always 1st pick Trevor Lawrence.

Lets be realistic, next year is a wasted season. We have still zero offensive weapons and now we basically have a rookie QB just learning how to play.  The worst think is to bring in a QB FA or trade.  They all stink and waste of money.  Try to get rid of anyone that 29 year old or older. Create cap dollars stop paying money to the Slater and Mccorthy. It's a waste of resources.

PS  Tampa has a small window to win it all they have to go for it now. What better way than getting Bradys key weapons! Here is  a crazy idea, Tampa trades 13th pick to Pats for Edelman, White and 23rd.

Edited by m haynes

40 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Ok Brady is gone, now what.

I say start trading players for draft picks. Hello Tampa how would you like Edelman,  no how about Sony or James White. Anyone want Hightower.  What else can I do to get draft picks.

Did this like a month ago. And this is what the thinking is when Brady leaves; “his guys” get traded or cut. Did this two years ago with the Gronk trade scenario.

anyways, I think they’re still a sixth or seventh seed in the playoffs this year and next, (at best), realistically. They arent going to tank.

2020 may be the year they play safeties as linebackers on defense and rotate multiple QBs on offense that can run. Expect a very creative offense in 2020 out of necessity to compete.

10 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Did this like a month ago. And this is what the thinking is when Brady leaves; “his guys” get traded or cut. Did this two years ago with the Gronk trade scenario.

anyways, I think they’re still a sixth or seventh seed in the playoffs this year and next, (at best), realistically. They arent going to tank.

2020 may be the year they play safeties as linebackers on defense and rotate multiple QBs on offense that can run. Expect a very creative offense in 2020 out of necessity to compete.

Maybe so but the problem after this year they are again old. They have to rebuild now not settle for seventh seed its not good enough and IMO unrealistic. They do not have a QB and the last thing you want to do is bring some old retread. Newton or Dalton. If we trade one asset for these or any other QB, I will go crazy.

PS I'm am not down on Stidman however you have to be realistic. I pray the he's another miracle,  that fell from the heavens, like the other guy we had. His name escapes me!!! :DxD:D

10 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I think Eric Ebron is a very likely next free agent signing. Malcolm Jenkins is very highly likely to sign as well I believe.

Waste of money and assets.  He 26 years old and he will be pushing 29 when the Pats are (SB) playoff competitive. I hope !  If Sid stinks,  we are going to again waste it on a IMO overrated TE.

PS  Just general comment. Overall Pats fan don't understand how hard ( nearly impossible ) it is to get to the SB. I'm a old timer when we won in 2001 I broke down and cried like a baby. My kids were happy but laughing at me. They are about to find out about those tears.  Also BB is gone soon as well, you never know who the next guy is, maybe another ( >:() Bobby Grier!