Re-signings

Bulaga 3Y/40M, 14M Signing bonus 5M 2020 Cap hit

Crosby 3Y/10M, 2M Signing bonus 3M 2020 Cap hit

Goodson, Lewis & Williams 1Y/2M each

Total cap space left 36.3M

Extensions

Kenny Clark 5Y/83M (6Y/90.7M total) 30M Signing bonus 6.5M 2020 Cap hit

Total cap space left 37.5M

So we keep the core together, and we are probably approaching cap hell in a couple years, but we have to go for it while we can. Kenny’s extension should be somewhere near that number (perhaps even more?). We are in dire need of ILB, TE and WR, and having another IDL and CB wouldn’t do us any harm.

FA Signings

Austin Hooper TE 4Y/40M 12M Signing bonus 4.5M 2020 Cap hit

Hooper is a rising TE. We need a good one and we need him to produce in 2020. A rookie won’t give us that and we don’t know how Jace is gonna be next year.

Cory Littleton ILB 4Y/58 18M Signing bonus 7.5M 2020 Cap hit

Yeah, I know I know. Bad idea to pay ILBs. He plays behind a great DL that has allowed him to get his stats. Still, I like how he plays and he is a much better player than Blake. He gets to the QB, he reads the pass plays really well and can be help us get a dominant defense (which we will need with the decay of AR12’s play).

Rashard Higgins WR 2Y/6M 1.8M Signing bonus 2.5M 2020 Cap hit.

Higgins’ production wasn gutted due to the Kitchens fiasco. He’s a better receiver than his stats say and last year’s play showed he can play.

Total Cap Space 23.0M

We will need that extra money to roll it over the next season, because we are gonna be tight.

Draft

Gute trades his 4th round and Raiders 6th round pick to the Raiders for the 19th pick

1st round

Javon Kinlaw DL South Carolina

We need someone to help Kenny. Javon can be a Year 1 contributor and replace Adams.

2nd round

Tyler Johnson WR Minnesota

Very good hands (needed if we want Rodgers to trust him in his first year). Quite a natural and a type of receiver that we do not have amongst our young WRs.

3rd round

Hakeem Adeniji OT Kansas

We need a developmental back-up tackle.

5th round

Erick Stokes CB Georgia

We need a CB at some point

6th&7th rounds

Body for ST

8 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

So here goes my 1st mock for the 2020 year

Projected cap space: 37.8M:

Cuts

Graham +8M

Taylor +4.5M

Total cap space left 50.3M

Re-signings

Bulaga 3Y/40M, 14M Signing bonus 5M 2020 Cap hit

Crosby 3Y/10M, 2M Signing bonus 3M 2020 Cap hit

Goodson, Lewis & Williams 1Y/2M each

Total cap space left 36.3M

Extensions

Kenny Clark 5Y/83M (6Y/90.7M total) 30M Signing bonus 6.5M 2020 Cap hit

Total cap space left 37.5M

So we keep the core together, and we are probably approaching cap hell in a couple years, but we have to go for it while we can. Kenny’s extension should be somewhere near that number (perhaps even more?). We are in dire need of ILB, TE and WR, and having another IDL and CB wouldn’t do us any harm.

FA Signings

Austin Hooper TE 4Y/40M 12M Signing bonus 4.5M 2020 Cap hit

Hooper is a rising TE. We need a good one and we need him to produce in 2020. A rookie won’t give us that and we don’t know how Jace is gonna be next year.

Cory Littleton ILB 4Y/58 18M Signing bonus 7.5M 2020 Cap hit

Yeah, I know I know. Bad idea to pay ILBs. He plays behind a great DL that has allowed him to get his stats. Still, I like how he plays and he is a much better player than Blake. He gets to the QB, he reads the pass plays really well and can be help us get a dominant defense (which we will need with the decay of AR12’s play).

Rashard Higgins WR 2Y/6M 1.8M Signing bonus 2.5M 2020 Cap hit.

Higgins’ production wasn gutted due to the Kitchens fiasco. He’s a better receiver than his stats say and last year’s play showed he can play.

Total Cap Space 23.0M

We will need that extra money to roll it over the next season, because we are gonna be tight.

Draft

Gute trades his 4th round and Raiders 6th round pick to the Raiders for the 19th pick

1st round

Javon Kinlaw DL South Carolina

We need someone to help Kenny. Javon can be a Year 1 contributor and replace Adams.

2nd round

Tyler Johnson WR Minnesota

Very good hands (needed if we want Rodgers to trust him in his first year). Quite a natural and a type of receiver that we do not have amongst our young WRs.

3rd round

Hakeem Adeniji OT Kansas

We need a developmental back-up tackle.

5th round

Erick Stokes CB Georgia

We need a CB at some point

6th&7th rounds

Body for ST

I was with you right up until there. We would immediately regret that contract. 

• Like 1

I'd be pretty happy to land Hooper at 4/40M.  I do expect ATL to keep him, but he seems like a logical target in FA.  

I won't pretend to like signing any ILB at 14.5M/YR

I'd be more than happy to come our of RD1/RD2 with DT Kinlaw and WR Johnson.  I don't expect Kinlaw to be available, but Johnson seems to be in play.

• Like 1