BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

21 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Lots of QBs thst have backup potential in the NFL

It's still a better class than most years. There are six guys at least who have potential to be starter. There are likely to be at least 4 picked in the first round. 

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Like Ryan Tannehill? Like Blake Bortles?

Two QBs that have reached the conference championship, Mr. Pessimistic.

Bortles is a bust, c'mon now lets not sell him for more than he is.

Tannehil is an average QB on a team with an elite running game and above average defense.

Tua, Herbert, and Eason, imo, arent long term future starters in the NFL. Fromm might be.

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Tannehil is an average QB on a team with an elite running game and above average defense.

Tua, Herbert, and Eason, imo, arent long term future starters in the NFL. Fromm might be.

Happy to see someone else likes my boy Fromm

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Oddly enough I’m pretty low on Fromm. Herbert started his offseason process in a strong manner. I would give Tua a first round grade today. His injury concerns are a bigger issue than whether his skill set could translate.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Oddly enough I’m pretty low on Fromm. Herbert started his offseason process in a strong manner. I would give Tua a first round grade today. His injury concerns are a bigger issue than whether his skill set could translate.

That's why I say Tua will be a bust. Skill set wise i have no doubts about him. I dont see him maintaining his health at the NFL level.

Oregon QBs rarely translate well to the NFL

Edited by wwhickok

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Georgia did well with Stafford and i see similarities there.

Doesn’t he have a below average arm? That’s arguably my biggest question on him. He’s pretty good attacking on the outside. 

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

That's why I say Tua will be a bust. Skill set wise i have no doubts about him. I dont see him maintaining his health at the NFL level

Fair take. I wasn’t a big fan of short left handed QBs but before he got hurt he was genuinely shredding people on a weekly basis.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Fair take. I wasn’t a big fan of short left handed QBs but before he got hurt he was genuinely shredding people on a weekly basis.

I agree but 4 surgeries in 2 years...that's frightening. And for the record, I'm not trying to get him to fall. He could be there in the 4th round and I wouldnt draft him. Seriously.

Edited by wwhickok

Just now, wwhickok said:

The arm, to me, is up in the air. Idk. I'm interested to see him at the combine.

Does he have a career of carving up elite competition? UGAs best wins with him as a starter are power running performances with strong defensive play.