BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Look, choices are definitely better than not choices.

In all seriousness, I've got a ton of WRs in the same tier here...so just gonna take the one I like most and I think will compliment the offense.

Just now, Jlash said:

I'd imagine I have a few reaches left on my early portion of my board right now.

This is the part of the draft where I tend to go with the guys I like that fit the range.

• Like 1

Just now, Ragnarok said:

In all seriousness, I've got a ton of WRs in the same tier here...so just gonna take the one I like most and I think will compliment the offense.

This is the part of the draft where I tend to go with the guys I like that fit the range.

You have Odell. You’re good

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Yeah, I get it. I just have Aiyuk as WR12 in an admittedly crazy strong receiver class.

7 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Same with Ruiz. I had Aiyuk 53rd. 

It may have been a reach but I viewed Ruiz as a guy who could easily go in any one of the next few picks. He was the last of my Top 5 BB relative to my draft position.  For the record he was #4 on that list behind Kinlaw, Xavier McKinnt K'Lavon Chaisson, and above WR Justin Jefferson

I knew I would likely on get one guy off that list so for me, given how impatient I was last year, a modest fee to move up and snag one more of my top 5 choices was a no brainier and that was after I told rackcs I wasn't gonna move up, I had second thoughts rather quickly when I took a step back and looked at the possibilities 

I do thin Aiyuk is a bit early, having said that the talent is there and i think it's a good fit for Berlin, personally i like it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yeah, I get it. I just have Aiyuk as WR12 in an admittedly crazy strong receiver class.

After the first 4 WRs, I think it's just how you weigh certain strengths and weaknesses for the next 10 or so guys.

I could see the Packers draft him as well.

• Like 2

Look if I took Kittle in BDL round 3 in 2017 where I had him ranked people would have called it a reach. But we all really don’t know how these guys will pan out. Aiyuk could end up being the best WR in the class. Who knows.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I do thin Aiyuk is a bit early, having said that the talent is there and i think it's a good fit for Berlin, personally i like it.

I think Aiyuk goes within ten spots of this IRL, so I'm fine with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

After the first 4 WRs, I think it's just how you weigh certain strengths and weaknesses for the next 10 or so guys.

I could see the Packers draft him as well.

WR4 is going to be interesting, because I don't think Jefferson is a lock to be that guy. It could be 3-4 different guys and I wouldn't be shocked. I would hate GB getting Aiyuk though, assuming a couple of the other receivers still on the board right now are available.

Edited by Blue

Just now, Blue said:

WR4 is going to be interesting, because I don't think Jefferson is a lock to be that guy. It could be 3-4 different guys and I wouldn't be shocked. I would hate GB getting Aiyuk though, assuming a couple of the other receivers still on the board right now are available.

I think WRs go earlier IRL than they have here.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Mims was the other WR we were seriously considering there.

Who is ready for the most predictable pick of the entire draft?

Now Mims is a guy I would love the Packers to get.

You already drafted Wirfs and Swift was taken by somebody else.