BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

He shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

They went 7-9 in spite of terrible coaching and everybody but the Jets knew it.

Lol the talent on that team wasn't close to 3 wins let alone 7.  How else can we explain it 

Just now, bcb1213 said:

Lol the talent on that team wasn't close to 3 wins let alone 7.  How else can we explain it 

3-1 against the NFC East, the worst division in football

2-4 in the division, where even bad teams can typically steal 1-2 games

Pittsburgh playing both Mason Rudolph and Devlin Hodges

The only win I can't really explain is the 34-3 shellacking of Oakland, which I would also like to note was not a good team. In what I'm sure was a total coincidence, Sam Darnold was healthy for the last 8 games when they went 6-2.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The thing is if we are being honest the jets have talent on the team now I am not saying they are loaded with it but the coaching staff is terrible

I would like to hear the healthy talent outside Darnold, crowder, maye Poole and Williams

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The thing is if we are being honest the jets have talent on the team now I am not saying they are loaded with it but the coaching staff is terrible

Guys I wouldn't be looking to replace this offseason: Darnold (unless they pick No. 1), Becton, Quinnen Williams, maybe Jordan Jenkins and Avery Williamson, maybe Crowder in the slot. Everybody else shouldn't be starting in the NFL, or at the very least should be viewed as a one-year stopgap. Worst roster in the league and has been in that discussion for years.

30 minutes ago, Blue said:

Guys I wouldn't be looking to replace this offseason: Darnold (unless they pick No. 1), Becton, Quinnen Williams, maybe Jordan Jenkins and Avery Williamson, maybe Crowder in the slot. Everybody else shouldn't be starting in the NFL, or at the very least should be viewed as a one-year stopgap. Worst roster in the league and has been in that discussion for years.

Mosley maye and Poole in the slot are good.  Bell is passable, McGovern can start for most teams

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Mosley maye and Poole in the slot are good.  Bell is passable, McGovern can start for most teams

Mosley isn't playing this year, so I didn't count him. Totally disagree on the others, I would be looking to replace all of those players ASAP even if they aren't huge liabilities like other players on the team. Bell in particular hasn't been good since at least 2017 and arguably longer.

Edited by Blue

Just now, Blue said:

Mosley isn't playing this year, so I didn't count him. Totally disagree on the others, I would be looking to replace all of those players ASAP. Bell in particular hasn't been good since at least 2017 and arguably longer.

Look when you have 15 holes on the roster you have to pick and choose lol.  Is bell great. No, but he can still be productive enough to look elsewhere first 

I highly disagree with you on your Poole and maye assessment anyhow. Poole is a top three slot corner in the league and maye is easily a starter on 75% of teams 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Look when you have 15 holes on the roster you have to pick and choose lol.  Is bell great. No, but he can still be productive enough to look elsewhere first 

I highly disagree with you on your Poole and maye assessment anyhow. Poole is a top three slot corner in the league and maye is easily a starter on 75% of teams 

Paris Hilton Reaction GIF

Like I'm not gonna pretend to be an expert on slot corners, but I know I'd take Chris Harris and JC Jackson over Poole without knowing how a single other slot corner in the league has played.

Given there are 64 starting safeties in the league, that isn't as much of an endorsement of Maye as you might have intended.

16 minutes ago, Blue said:

Like I'm not gonna pretend to be an expert on slot corners, but I know I'd take Chris Harris and JC Jackson over Poole without knowing how a single other slot corner in the league has played.

Given there are 64 starting safeties in the league, that isn't as much of an endorsement of Maye as you might have intended.

What that there are like six teams he wouldn't start for. No I think my intention is fine.  You act as if there are teams that don't have two top 20 safeties 

15 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

What that there are like six teams he wouldn't start for. No I think my intention is fine.  You act as if there are teams that don't have two top 20 safeties 

I'm not, it's that I did a quick count and easily came up with 17 safeties (a hair over 25%) who are rather indisputably better than Maye. Not exactly a brave statement there.

Edited by Blue

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm not, it's that I did a quick count and easily came up with 17 safeties (a hair over 25%) who are rather indisputably better than Maye. Not exactly a brave statement there.

Maybe we just disagree with a top 20 player needing to be replaced on a dumpster fire rest of roster team lol 

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

They really don't. It's one of the worst rosters in the league and it isn't very close.

36 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't know about top 3 but Poole is legitimately a good player. And I promise I'm not just saying that because he's on my team, I would be saying that even if he weren't. People sleep on him.