Free Agent Tracker: News and Notes

.Buzz

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Meh, if the $ was there I don't think that altered whether he'd come here or not.

You're probably right.

The only thing that's going to alter whether players come to Jacksonville at this point...is massive overpayment $$$.

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

You're probably right.

The only thing that's going to alter whether players come to Jacksonville at this point...is massive overpayment $$$.

Surprisingly so far it hasn't seemed to look that way. Schobert was always ballparked in 10M range (so maybe at 10.75 a slight overpay?) and Dennard only got 3.5 per, which is very good if he's in the slot and still fair if he tries going outside. #3 corner behind Herndon/high pick CB for 3.5M isn't bad at all.

Edited by .Buzz

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Quite possibly the largest gap between floor and ceiling. I'm more concerned with the contract than anything. All-In sounds like another 8-10M for someone that will catch 35 passes

Ehh, his floor is still better than most of what we've had/there is available besides maybe Eifert (although he has risk too).

8M now really isn't that much. On a short term deal that'd be ok I guess for me.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Ehh, his floor is still better than most of what we've had/there is available besides maybe Eifert (although he has risk too).

8M now really isn't that much. On a short term deal that'd be ok I guess for me.

Yea like I said it just depends on the contract. Considering his age though, I'd be shocked if it was just a 3 year deal. Probably a long one