Free Agent Tracker: News and Notes

.Buzz

16 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Unfortunately I cant imagine we'll be major players for top-tier guys even at a slight discount. Yea we have guys we can cut but basically Marcel's contract becomes Yan's

Swaim, Lee, and Ryan open up 15-16M alone. Abry has no dead cap and a 4M hit. Calais and Bouye are either cut or restructuring at their 15-16M each number (which would save 26.5M if cut).

I definitely expect to be involved in FA.

Edited by .Buzz

On 09/01/2020 at 5:20 PM, .Buzz said:

Swaim, Lee, and Ryan open up 15-16M alone. Abry has no dead cap and a 4M hit. Calais and Bouye are either cut or restructuring at their 15-16M each number (which would save 26.5M if cut).

Not if the NFLPA have anything to say about it.  lmao.

Thanks for leaving a turd in the punchbowl Tom.

On 1/9/2020 at 7:20 PM, .Buzz said:

Involved sure but not for the top-tier talent that might actually be worth a big pay day like Reader 

You didn't even mention Dareus which is the most obvious cut so that helps but I still maintain that cutting Bouye while overpaid is a bad idea. I'm hoping Calais restructures 

Abry might have no dead cap but are we honestly going to be able to get someone as good for 4M even if he isn't that good? We all know when free agency starts average guys will make above average to good money and that means more than 4M more than likely. 

Yes the first 3 you mentioned need to go

The fact is though that if we cut all of those guys we still wouldn't even get to the league average for available cap space so unlikely we can be a big player

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/01/2020 at 8:08 PM, .Buzz said:

Alright...I'm close to being over Yan. Dude is so damn annoying on social media.

What the actual ****?

You backed Jalen in all of his absurd **** until the end...

Now you're "over" the best pass rusher this team has EVER had...in it's entire history?  Because he's "annoying" on social media.

Like honestly What The ****?

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

What the actual ****?

You backed Jalen in all of his absurd **** until the end...

Now you're "over" the best pass rusher this team has EVER had...in it's entire history?  Because he's "annoying" on social media.

Like honestly What The ****?

I didn't back Jalen to the end. Once it became obvious that he had no back in injury and was screwing over his teammates I was done with him.

Jalen was one of the most talented draft picks in Jaguars history. He had a chance to go down as an all time best Jaguar up there with the likes of Boselli and Fred, potentially even higher if he continued to improve.

The guy who cut off talks with Yan got fired a few months ago. I understand still being pissed at the organization for having to play on a $2M contract, but yes, I'm annoyed with him. Acting like it's preposterous to be annoyed with a player tweeting like he is, liking posts of fans telling him he'll be a Giant, and agreeing with players that he's going to start a new chapter and pushing to get out is most definitely annoying me.

It's obvious he is gone unless Shad somehow convinces him with a top of the line contract (which I'm sure will be offered) and a truce with him regarding the situation back in July and to really get him to feel like he's a building block. Considering how Yan is right now, I don't see it ever being repaired.

Edited by .Buzz

I’m not sure I would budge much more with Yann. He is great and getting to the QB but is a huge liability against the run. We also need to think how he would fit with Allen moving forward. We can keep Allen on the bench and I’m not sure how successful we can be with our two DEs weighing 240 and 260 lbs.

Would love to have him back but he seems to be overvaluing himself a bit and seems like he doesn’t want to be here.

Id probably through the tag on him that lets him negotiate with other teams and allows us the chance to match.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

I’m not sure I would budge much more with Yann. He is great and getting to the QB but is a huge liability against the run. We also need to think how he would fit with Allen moving forward. We can keep Allen on the bench and I’m not sure how successful we can be with our two DEs weighing 240 and 260 lbs.

Would love to have him back but he seems to be overvaluing himself a bit and seems like he doesn’t want to be here.

Id probably through the tag on him that lets him negotiate with other teams and allows us the chance to match.

A tag is a must just so we can get compensation if the ship has sailed on a contract.

I tend to agree on fit some, it's just that we haven't had a good pass rusher since Brackens and the thought of letting one go is tough. Although I do think he's a very good pass rusher, paying him 23M like I think he'll end up wanting if not slightly more...he's not worth that imo.