When does Chip Kelly get the ax at UCLA?

naptownskinsfan

I was just reading a story about another transfer out of UCLA- which makes 11 for this year- and then saw the report back from October that 63 players have left the UCLA program since November 2017.  CFT reported that they were down a number of scholarship players and 53% of the roster were freshmen.  

It seems that UCLA wanted to continue the progress that Jim Mora Jr made early on in his tenure, but it's been a disaster for Kelly, who is 7-17 with the Bruins and has as many wins as total losses while he was at Oregon.   It's also been pointed out on this forum how Kelly has certain days to write offer letters and some other things he does that buck the norm.  

So how much more time does Kelly have at UCLA before he gets the boot?  What would be next for him if he can't turn around the Bruins?

Amazingly, probably at the end of next season without a ton of luck and currently unforeseeable occurrences. 

Not being able to parlay his reputation into results and topping the dumpster fire that is USC is nothing short of stunning. 

As for a "what's next" scenario....who knows? His reputation has taken a beating (though admittedly, maybe a bit unfairly in some regards). I don't see him landing another big program gig immediately and how embarrassing would it be to go from being one of the top 4 or 5 HCs in the country to hot commodity NFL hiring to someone else's coordinator at the college level in less than a decade? 

On 1/10/2020 at 9:08 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Amazingly, probably at the end of next season without a ton of luck and currently unforeseeable occurrences. 

Not being able to parlay his reputation into results and topping the dumpster fire that is USC is nothing short of stunning. 

As for a "what's next" scenario....who knows? His reputation has taken a beating (though admittedly, maybe a bit unfairly in some regards). I don't see him landing another big program gig immediately and how embarrassing would it be to go from being one of the top 4 or 5 HCs in the country to hot commodity NFL hiring to someone else's coordinator at the college level in less than a decade? 

From what I hear, Chip is more or less mailing it in. He doesn't want to do the grind anymore or put effort into recruiting.