Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
IrishHooligan00

Mock Off-Season

Recommended Posts

 

Start Ripping Away

 

Offensive Passing Game Coordinator - John DeFilippo

Offensive Run Game Coordinator - Duce Staley

Defensive Coordinator - Jim Schwartz

 

Cap Space: 45 Million

 

Cut/Release/Not Resigned:

OT Jason Peters

S Rodney McCloud

WR Nelson Agholor

CB Ronald Darby

DE Vinny Curry

QB Josh McCown

LB Kamu Grugier-Hill

OT BIG V

RB Jordan Howard

CB Jalen Mills * Believe they resign him but I don't want them to. 

 

Cap Space: 45 Million

 

Re-Sign: 

S Malcolm Jenkins (2 Years / 30 Million) -  15 Mil AVG , Cap hit was 11 Million now 15 Mil - I hate this however I can see them doing it. 

QB Nate Sudfeld (2 Years / 10 Million) 5 Mil AVG - Can see them paying him to stay, Don't see him getting big money elsewear.

DT Tim Jernnigan ( 3 Years / 10 Million )  3 Mil AVG- Resign him due to not knowing if M. Jackson will be back and healthy in time for the season. As well as a depth piece who when healthy has been a great tandem with Cox and I don't see getting a payday on the open market 

DT Hassaan Ridgeway (3 Year / 6 Million ) 2 mil AVG - Was a good depth player.

CB Craig James - Tendered (1 Million)

RB Corey Clement - 2nd Round Tender 1-2 Million

 

Cap Space:  28 Million

 

Free Agents: ( I Don't see any Big Moves)

CB Kendall Fuller - 4 Year / 32 Million (8 Million Year 1) Hasn't been a top Corner, But had a Solid year the previous year before this with Pass Defenses. Just feel like we need new blood in the secondary. Not a big Signing but a quality signing in my opinion. 

OLB De'Vondre Campbell - 4 Year / 28 Million (6 Million Year 1)  A LB who can come in and take place of Bradham, Who can Cover and Rush Doesn't excel greatly at either but overall is better then what we have. This is the least likely move i see us doing.

WR Rashard Higgins - 2 Year / 8 Million (4 Million) - A depth WR Signing, I don't seem them splurging on this Position with the $ Alshon has tied up. 

 

Cap Space - 10 Million

 

Draft: 

***Trade #21, #85, and #143 for Denvers #15 and #95

Pick #15 - CB Kristian Fulton LSU

***My Favorite Corner in this draft who I think is a top 10 Pick but with QB's will fall. 

Pick #53 - WR Justin Jefferson LSU

***A Top Notch WR whose Speed and Size will be a great combo. I do wish he had a little better Release and Route Running

***Trade #95 and #127 and Rasuul Douglas to CIN for #65

Pick #65 - WR K.J. Hamler PSU

***Somehow in this miracle K.J makes it to Day 3 with other Bigger WR's getting their name called

Pick #97 - S Antoine Brooks Maryland

***Think he would fit in well in the secondary

***Trade #167 and WR Alshon Jefferey to NE For #195 - Get rid of the Locker Room Nuisance who hates Wentz now that we got 2 capable Wr's. Due to Cap # we have no choice. Take huge cap hit now however have big relief the following. 

#190 - LB Paddy Fisher Northwestern

LB Depth

#195 - QB Steven Montez

QB Depth

#229 - FB Jay Jay Wilson

Finally bring the FB position back to philly. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please justify the following:

S Rodney McCloud - They're better with him than without.

DE Vinny Curry - Wants to play here, was decent and comes in below value

LB Kamu Grugier-Hill - A solid player who won't command big money

OT BIG V - A decent 3rd tackle, may be pilfered, but not a cut or non-tender

RB Jordan Howard - Depends on price, but per game stats are OK and not injury prone

FB Jay Jay Wilson - Not Dyn-o-mite, no point to this

 

Too many goofy, wet dream trades
More picks are better than targeting the guys you picked (Fulton, Hamlin, Fisher)

I like Montez, but I think he goes higher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

Please justify the following:

S Rodney McCloud - They're better with him than without.

DE Vinny Curry - Wants to play here, was decent and comes in below value

LB Kamu Grugier-Hill - A solid player who won't command big money

OT BIG V - A decent 3rd tackle, may be pilfered, but not a cut or non-tender

RB Jordan Howard - Depends on price, but per game stats are OK and not injury prone

FB Jay Jay Wilson - Not Dyn-o-mite, no point to this

 

Too many goofy, wet dream trades
More picks are better than targeting the guys you picked (Fulton, Hamlin, Fisher)

I like Montez, but I think he goes higher

Yea no Ive said it before and ill say it again, McCloud sucksss, so glad hes prolly gone.

Vinny Curry age is a factor for me, rather let younget guys get playing time

So tired of everyone wanting to keep mediocre LBS

Big V is gonna get paid to be someones starting RT

Jordan Howard i feel is going to cost at least 8 million 

FB why not, it would open up more in the playbook and who else is gonna contribute in round 7

 

We sat the last how many drafts or only made 1 trade, cmon we need to get aggressive. 

Fulton will be a #1 Corner by year 2 and will be a stud. 

Hamlin who i think is no wjere close tp available day 3 would be a steal and would give us someone electric

Paddy Fisher was a 1st round prospect on a bad team, bring him in for depth and by year 2 guarantee hes starting and recking havoc at MLB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Awwww lol dammit usually your the one i piss off the most 🤣

I can be more pissed if you really want me to.

 

The Alshon trade is a little ridiculous. I don't think Jefferson or Hamler drop that far, you continue to disparage McLeod because he banged your gf or your mom or both.

Is that better? lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I can be more pissed if you really want me to.

 

The Alshon trade is a little ridiculous. I don't think Jefferson or Hamler drop that far, you continue to disparage McLeod because he banged your gf or your mom or both.

Is that better? lol 

Nope still not good enough. 

This WR class is so hard to predict they have 7 WRs who can go 1st round and another 15 that can go anywhere in the 2nd or 3rd, so who knows but imagine if somehow it did lol. 

I hate taking the cap hit with alshon, but i also dont wanna see him be a detriment to the team anymore and to carsons growth. 

And McCloud is and always will be referred to as Trash. **** im not even a fan of jenkins being on the team anymore. Id rather move Rasuul into safety and let maddox take over the jenkins role

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, I didn't think our secondary could get worse, but ridding ourselves of both safeties would achieve it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any evidence at all Alshon is a cancer or just speculation still?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

Is there any evidence at all Alshon is a cancer or just speculation still?

Confirmed no, but it's a case of "Where there's smoke, there's fire."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 12:26 PM, IrishHooligan00 said:

Yea no Ive said it before and ill say it again, McCloud sucksss, so glad hes prolly gone.

Vinny Curry age is a factor for me, rather let younget guys get playing time

So tired of everyone wanting to keep mediocre LBS

Big V is gonna get paid to be someones starting RT

Jordan Howard i feel is going to cost at least 8 million 

FB why not, it would open up more in the playbook and who else is gonna contribute in round 7

 

We sat the last how many drafts or only made 1 trade, cmon we need to get aggressive. 

Fulton will be a #1 Corner by year 2 and will be a stud. 

Hamlin who i think is no wjere close tp available day 3 would be a steal and would give us someone electric

Paddy Fisher was a 1st round prospect on a bad team, bring him in for depth and by year 2 guarantee hes starting and recking havoc at MLB

McCloud sucks compared to who?
There's no one on the roster who is better.
What is his cost and who can replace him at that cost?

Curry is likely to be cheap due to both his age and his willingness to re-sign here.
Who is the better young option of which you speak?

So, are you suggesting the Eagles sacrifice a mediocre LB for a mediocre LB when the team has too few LB's to begin with?
How do they suddenly populate the LB corps with studs?

Vaitai, by your account, is a starting OT.
But, who is going to pilfer him, and at what cost?
Is he really a starter?

Howard is in the same boat.
He's a share RB.
If the Eagles are better off with a rookie, isn't everyone else?
Who is going to overpay him?

So, the Eagles should change the playbook because they now have a 7th round FB?
That's just retarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@babyatemydingo

IrishHooligan just has a random hate boner for McLeod and has for a long time now. It's a meme basically around here these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×