Should we keep Derek Carr (Voter Names Public)

Jerry

Should we keep Derek Carr (Voter Names Public)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep Derek Carr

11 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Our team fell apart at the end of the year. No way to argue that. The last 6 weeks sucked.

to say any reason other than blaming Carr is just an excuse doesn’t make sense to me but to each their own 

I hear you on the first 10 games irt carr and that’s an interesting take and I’ll give you that.

imo it’s just the way carr just completely fold and tucked his tail that just kills me. I’d rather him go down swinging an lose than just tuck his tail and lose.

thats not alpha dog / mamba mentality 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I hear you on the first 10 games irt carr and that’s an interesting take and I’ll give you that.

imo it’s just the way carr just completely fold and tucked his tail that just kills me. I’d rather him go down swinging an lose than just tuck his tail and lose.

If you wrote down all 32 QBs in terms of “toughness” I have Carr at #32, Brissett at #31, and Goff at #30. And huge gap between 31 and 32. 

Carr is the absolute definition of a beta male. 

And he’s absolutely a introvert that tries to be an extrovert if you watch his interviews. Nothing wrong at all about being an introvert though. Although I’d personally prefer my QB being an extrovert. 

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yea Agreed. What I  hate the most is how he just goes and sits by himself after he messes up or team goes down. Where the heck is the leadership?! 

as much as I come across as a Carr lover, I’m not. I know he has his flaws, some big ones.

but to act like his is garbage is just as crazy as it is acting like he is elite. 

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Wtf is Carr efficient at? Losing? Completion percentage? Throwing to Jalen Richard?

He is I think an efficient QB who is adequate for Grudens scheme. Dont disagree that he can be improved upon and I also am irritated he doesn't take more chances but the hyperbole against Carr is over the top.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If you wrote down all 32 QBs in terms of “toughness” I have Carr at #32, Brissett at #31, and Goff at #30. And huge gap between 31 and 32. 

Carr is the absolute definition of a beta male. 

And he’s absolutely a introvert that tries to be an extrovert if you watch his interviews. Nothing wrong at all about being an introvert though. Although I’d personally prefer my QB being an extrovert. 

Ludicrous, the guy played with a broken bone in his back! He might not be your typical rah rah 'look at me I just made a tackle' player but he's certainly not what you're trying to portray either.

I think both sides of this are too far apart and it really seems like we're all going round in circles.   

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Ludicrous, the guy played with a broken bone in his back! He might not be your typical rah rah 'look at me I just made a tackle' player but he's certainly not what you're trying to portray either.

I think both sides of this are too far apart and it really seems like we're all going round in circles.   

Carr is soft as can be. He has cried on the field at least three separate occasions. Cried. Tears. A football player. A QB. A leader. 

Show me your rankings of 32 QBs toughness. Tell me ONE name that Carr is a tougher guy than. 

Carr is a beta male. 

21 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Yea Agreed. What I  hate the most is how he just goes and sits by himself after he messes up or team goes down. Where the heck is the leadership?! 

as much as I come across as a Carr lover, I’m not. I know he has his flaws, some big ones.

but to act like his is garbage is just as crazy as it is acting like he is elite. 

I hear you and I appreciate your contributions and outside the box thinking and you know how to debate peacefully and not just get mad and start insulting people.

i want that Fresno st nothing to lose carr

i heard in a joe burrow interview he was asked something like “ why do you throw to guys that are covered very few qbs are willing to attempt” his answer was something along the lines of  “if a dbs back is turned then my wr is open and ima give him a chance”

carr not giving any wr a chance unless they have a 20 yard cushion 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Carr is soft as can be. He has cried on the field at least three separate occasions. Cried. Tears. A football player. A QB. A leader. 

Show me your rankings of 32 QBs toughness. Tell me ONE name that Carr is a tougher guy than. 

Carr is a beta male. 

What an absurd question, rank toughness....... Really? Are you 12 years old or something?

Usually the quieter the guy, the tougher as he doesn't have to shout about it in my experience. And I do have some experience as it happens 😉

Carr has played through injuries and kept coming back for more punishment behind last years sieve of an OL, Id say he's plenty tough enough. 

We're not going to agree here so lets just leave it at that 😀  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr is a beta male. 

I assume you think Luke Keuchly was a soft player as well? Playing a much more physical position as well..

cried. Tears. A football player. A mlb. A leader. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I hear you and I appreciate your contributions and outside the box thinking and you know how to debate peacefully and not just get mad and start insulting people.

i heard in a joe burrow interview he was asked something like “ why do you throw to guys that our covered very few qbs are willing to attempt” his answer was something along the lines off “if a dbs back is turned then my wr is open and ima give him a chance”

and our wr`s couldn't manage 1 yd of separation, when he had coop and crabs it was different. wr`s the last 2 yrs were questionable at the very least. nobody has said that carr is a fhof`er, most agree that finding an "upgrade" would be great but also difficult, and don't give me rivers, or newton or some bs answer just because you don't like the guy, that just shows an immovable bias /hate....ie...anybody will do as long as it isn't carr,lol. people have mentioned Winston? (30 and 30 but hey ,its not carr). that's ludicrous! I do like the idea of a Mariota brought in for comp. I would support drafting someone to challenge/backup, but NOT at the cost of filling more important spots(if some one slides, or if the "trade up" price is right) btw, yes carr is definitely a "good guy" lol , but NO ONE who plays 10 minutes in the nfl with ANY broken bone(s) is a p***y IMHO. jack youngblood could s**t tougher turds than most in the league nowadays anyways, most of the mentioned qb replacements would not have even played in that situation honestly. smh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilshark69 said:

and our wr`s couldn't manage 1 yd of separation, when he had coop and crabs it was different. wr`s the last 2 yrs were questionable at the very least. nobody has said that carr is a fhof`er, most agree that finding an "upgrade" would be great but also difficult, and don't give me rivers, or newton or some bs answer just because you don't like the guy, that just shows an immovable bias /hate....ie...anybody will do as long as it isn't carr,lol. people have mentioned Winston? (30 and 30 but hey ,its not carr). that's ludicrous! I do like the idea of a Mariota brought in for comp. I would support drafting someone to challenge/backup, but NOT at the cost of filling more important spots(if some one slides, or if the "trade up" price is right) btw, yes carr is definitely a "good guy" lol , but NO ONE who plays 10 minutes in the nfl with ANY broken bone(s) is a p***y IMHO. jack youngblood could s**t tougher turds than most in the league nowadays anyways, most of the mentioned qb replacements would not have even played in that situation honestly. smh

Did you miss all the game after film showing open wrs?

this is the nfl best of the best

Most of completions are in tight windows imo

lets look at san fran, good line, good running game, good qb( but I wont say great yet at all) all are comparable to us, waller/kittle(good te`s yes?) BUT, wr`s comparison favors the niners imo. And las but not least.....you guessed it sports fans.... compare our d to theirs? LMFAO!! not even close, so yes ,I think id like to upgrade other areas first....call me crazy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I assume you think Luke Keuchly was a soft player as well? Playing a much more physical position as well..

cried. Tears. A football player. A mlb. A leader. 

Luke absolutely dominated guys and was one of the toughest guys in football. He cried one time and had a concussion. A concussion causes you to react abnormally. 

Edited by BayRaider

26 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

i heard in a joe burrow interview he was asked something like “ why do you throw to guys that are covered very few qbs are willing to attempt” his answer was something along the lines of  “if a dbs back is turned then my wr is open and ima give him a chance”

Aha I appreciate it man. One of the few positives (for me) to come out of the continuous Carr debate is that it actually got me posting on here rather than just reading. 

love that joe burrows quote. Especially cause if the dbs backed turned not only will wr have advantage, if there is contact good chance refs call it on the DB.

we never get DPI in our favors cause Carr doesn’t even try for the 50-50 ball

• Like 1